PDA

View Full Version : Info Display Issue or User Error?

Gator550
01-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Hopefully you guys can help me out. Until this morning on my way to work the info display in my instrument cluster showed:

Temp
Time
Range to empty
Total Miles Odometer

So I got the bright idea of going into settings and fiddling with the info display settings to see what else I could get to display - partly because everything was checked in the settings and a lot of the stuff checked was not displayed anywhere. As I unchecked things, I got different combinations of stuff showing up in the info display. For example, I unchecked range and average consumption now showed on the third line. I unchecked that and the date showed up (I think). Other things made no sense to me. For example, I unchecked time and there was no change. I unchecked everything and line three was then blank. I had temp, time, and the miles/odo.

Long story long, I figured I was happiest with the way it was. So i checked range... since that is what I wanted on line three. Line three was still blank. I rechecked everything except navigation (that was my starting point this morning) and line three remained blank. If I check nav, that does start working. I uncheck nav, blank line 3.

I thought, maybe the computer needs to reboot - i'll turn off the car and come back after work and it will be back to the way I want it.... Nope.

So in settings, i changed the active profile to GUEST and the miles to empty showed up. I changed it back to my profile and it disappeared. I confirmed the info display settings between the two profiles matched.

So what am I doing wrong?

markl53
01-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Not sure, but I thought the individual check boxes determined what shows while scrolling through the dash display (between speedo and tach) using the button on the turn signal stalk. I rarely look at the screen you are describing on the main nav screen. I was wrong already once today, could be wrong again. From your report, it seems these boxes affect more than 1 display.

Gator550
01-10-2011, 04:55 PM
... using the button on the turn signal stalk.

This is the bit I was missing. So it was user error. Thanks for sorting me out. :)

markl53
01-10-2011, 07:27 PM
This is the bit I was missing. So it was user error. Thanks for sorting me out. :)

So now it's doing what you wanted?

Gator550
01-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Yes. I didn't realize I could cycle through the selected options using the button on the blinker stalk. Thanks again.