PDA

View Full Version : Ken

Krbmw
01-11-2011, 07:52 PM
I need a plain English translator for the fuse panel icon chart in my 2011 535i. Also, why does the car start off rough from a standing stop.

Andrew OD
01-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Sorry I cant be much help on the fuse box issue. Many aspects of the new 535 are very complicated, I find the navigation system to be especially so. The rough start on the lauded 8-speed transmission is something that my car also experiences. I think that this transmission should be a little better than that, it also exhibits a jerky a start-up especially in stop and go traffic. This can be helped by shifting the transmission to M2 and forcing it to start in second gear. You didn't mention how many miles your 535 has, mine has a little over 3000 and the transmission does seem to be smoothing out a bit. A feather foot on the accelerator also seems to help and the jerky motion seems to moderate after the transmission is warmed up.

EvolutionTheory
01-12-2011, 11:25 AM
I need a plain English translator for the fuse panel icon chart in my 2011 535i. Also, why does the car start off rough from a standing stop.

Can you define rough? I don't even own one yet but I've read about a lot of the initial issues with the F10, as well as test driven them. There was/is an issue with a hesitation in acceleration. Owners have reported when pressing on the gas from a dead stop or at low RPM's sometimes there's a delay before the vehicle responds. I noticed this too during test drives and the sales guy gave me some bull**** answer about it starting in second gear.

I've read word of software updates solving this problem in other threads or the vehicle adapting to your driving style after it's broken in and used to you though I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Krbmw
01-12-2011, 06:29 PM
My car has 8k miles and us not better at all. It lunges a bit from a dead stop. If you come to a stop but then don't stop completely and then accelerate again it really does it. Really worse when first using car in the AM. Can't decide if it wants to downshift at times from slow speeds. I paid 64,000 for my car and I shouldn't have this irritation. Also shouldn't have to loose use of car and all the BS you go through taking it to a BMW dealership. Bought it in Portland but we winter in Arizona. A real pain.

Krbmw
01-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Andrew OD. Thanks for your response. I have 8k miles on my 535.