PDA

View Full Version : 535 at the Port

pkfinman
01-12-2011, 10:28 AM
First time poster here. Have had many BMW's including an M-5, 2 M3's , X-5 4.6, etc... this 535 will be my 10th BMW. A quick question... my new F10 is at the Port and should be delivered this week. When the Dealer gave me a Spec sheet on the car it included all the packages and extra's I am getting along with the vin number. When I search the vin number the car comes up but the some of the options are missing and/or wrong... i.e. although the spec sheet says Sport Package with 19 inch rims the search says it is non-sport with 18 inch rims. Do they sometimes make these kinds of changes at the Dealer and/or Port?

Sorry for the lengthy first time message

maxM6
01-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Thats pretty typical of the BMW website. Don't worry most times the dealer is spot on but the website more often than not is wrong. Much like yourself I am on number 14 so I have good faith in your CA and dealership getting it right.

brott
01-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Welcome :thumbup:

markl53
01-12-2011, 05:07 PM
When you say "search the VIN number", not sure what you mean. Have you logged onto bmwusa.com and entered your VIN in the owner's section? My option list matched my order after a few days. It was wrong initially because my dealer took an order already in the system and modified it to my specs. If you were searching elsewhere, like a VIN translator, it is more likely to be wrong I suppose.

pkfinman
01-13-2011, 05:22 AM
Thanks MArkl, I did try the website but when I enter the vin it says the vehichle is "not available at this time"
I will try again in a couple of days. Thanks for the advice.

PKF

GHOST PROTOCOL
01-13-2011, 05:36 AM
Welcome aboard. If you are using the "track your vehicle" section on the BMW site, the information about your vehicle almost always is wrong. Even after updates are made as a result of your order, the site will nevertheless remain incomplete. In order to prove that my F10 had been ordered and was being built correctly, my CA e-mailed me a copy of the actual order on the BMW computer system.