PDA

View Full Version : My New F10 535xi

admannj
01-12-2011, 01:21 PM
After parting ways with my car in Germany back on 11/27/2010, I finally took re-delivery of my new 2011 535xi. So far, I am loving everything about this car. Only problem -- it will take me about 3 years to get the Comfort Seats in exactly the right position!

eyesight1
01-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Beautiful car. Now enjoy getting those seats perfect!!

dimok
01-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Great car!
Do you have BMW all-weather floor mats?

admannj
01-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Great car!
Do you have BMW all-weather floor mats?

Yes! I picked them up yesterday when I got the car. $112.00 + tax for front and rear ... and they velcro to the floor using the same velcro snaps that the carpeted mats use.

As you can see from my pics, we had quite a bit of snow today ... so the $112.00 is money already well spent!

Rafa
01-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Sharp looking car! Congratulations, and enjoy it.

Could you tell us a little about your ED driving experience?

admannj
01-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Sharp looking car! Congratulations, and enjoy it.

Could you tell us a little about your ED driving experience?

Thanks!

My ED driving experience was very short lived. Picked up the car on a Friday afternoon. Parked it at the Welt overnight. Picked it up early Saturday morning and drove about 130 miles at a top speed of 128 mph. I didn't have a particular destination in mind ... just open road. Unfortunately, my schedule did not permit an extended stay in Germany. This was a quick get in - get car - drive car - drop off car - get out situation. 3 years from now -- I'll spend some time in Europe with my next BMW.

vlal595
01-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Great car, good choice with paint, sapphire black looks terrific. I was debating between sapphire black and another color when I got my Bimmer and the black turned out great.

admannj
01-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks. I had Jet Black on my last BMW. I love the flat black ... but love the metallic one even more! Thanks again!

Munich77
01-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Congratulations on your new car. As for the comfort seats, on the upside, once they are adjusted properly you do not want to move :) they are so comfy.

admannj
01-12-2011, 04:45 PM
I was thinking of sleeping in the car tonight! Thanks!

jsf1993
01-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Congrats on the redelivery. It's a beautiful car, but I'm a bit biased. My 535 x-drive is also sapphire black (but with the oyster/black nappa interior). You've probably already discovered that you're going to have a challenge keeping it looking good in the snowy weather as the road salt kicks up on the car as you drive.

Trust me, you'll get the comfort seats "dialed in." I urge you to save your profile and then download it to a usb flash drive once you do. If you do that, you won't have to worry about ever losing that dialed in feeling if someone presses the wrong memory button on your car or if you ever lose power (sometimes happens when the car gets serviced or your battery dies). I also worry that a software upgrade done at the dealership during a regular service might wipe out memory settings. Plus, any and all of your radio presets or other customized settings will also be saved.

Enjoy!

Kar Don
01-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Wow it took over a month for the car to get from Germany to the USA?? What's up with the huge lead time. MB can do it in 21 days

SANguru
01-12-2011, 08:16 PM
congrats!

jpointe
01-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Looks fantastic. Have fun with the xDrive in the snow!

Wine-O
01-13-2011, 08:01 AM
I just ordered mine yesterday for a May pick up date. Can't wait. Deep Sea Blue with the Oyster & Black.

130 miles at top speed of 128??? When we picked up our 525i (standard shift) in 2002, the factory rep told me not to go over 4000 rmp for the first 2K miles, which limited us to 100 mph. Have they changed the break-in procedure?

jsf1993
01-13-2011, 08:07 AM
I just ordered mine yesterday for a May pick up date. Can't wait. Deep Sea Blue with the Oyster & Black.

130 miles at top speed of 128??? When we picked up our 525i (standard shift) in 2002, the factory rep told me not to go over 4000 rmp for the first 2K miles, which limited us to 100 mph. Have they changed the break-in procedure?

No, but the new cars can do well over 100 mph before exceeding 4,000 rpm. Just need to avoid sport mode on the transmission.

Needsdecaf
01-13-2011, 08:15 AM
I urge you to save your profile and then download it to a usb flash drive once you do.

How does one do this?

Excuse the question...don't have an F10 yet!

laser
01-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Great car, congrats on your delivery!

I have a new appreciation for x-drive. Good choice for NJ.

It's 49 degrees in Munich right now but 23 degrees in sunny Atlanta and our snow, now ice, from Sunday night would have left us hostages down a steep driveway if not for our son's AWD Land Rover Disco.

He has gone back to Auburn yesterday so we will have to tip toe out in one of the RWDs (not the F10 just yet).

mark2895
01-13-2011, 08:34 AM
"I was thinking of sleeping in the car tonight! Thanks! "

LOL LOL LOL.

Nice car, congrats. I just found out mine in en route. I also live in NJ so the all weather matts are going to be a key investment for the little cost.

EvolutionTheory
01-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Awesome car! Are those the BMW branded rubber floor mats for the F10? Just curious.

jsf1993
01-13-2011, 10:43 AM
How does one do this?

Excuse the question...don't have an F10 yet!

Plug the flash drive into the USB slot located in the glove box. I think that there is a menu option under settings in the drive that offers the option to export the profile to the USB drive. Very easy to do.

Beemerup
01-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Hey admannj....how does the car do in the crazy snow you have been getting? I was debating to go with x-drive or not. ended up without.

johnbmw6
01-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Wow it took over a month for the car to get from Germany to the USA?? What's up with the huge lead time. MB can do it in 21 days Yes mercedes can, but BMW only make cars to order, Mercedes Chern them out willy nilly.:p thats why there build quality is Cr*p.

beashonda
01-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Hey admannj....how does the car do in the crazy snow you have been getting? I was debating to go with x-drive or not. ended up without.

I'm not admannj, but I was driving my 2011 535xi on Tuesday night in the store and just plowed down the NJ Turnpike and had ZERO issues. Snow had started sticking and there was only 1.5 lanes open. Not plowing or salting had occurred yet and she stayed pretty attached to the road. Pretty happy with the car the 3 weeks I have had her through 2 snow storms.:)

Kar Don
01-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Yes mercedes can, but BMW only make cars to order, Mercedes Chern them out willy nilly.:p thats why there build quality is Cr*p.

Mercedes build quality crap? Riiiight. We are talking about transportation not building cars. Your post makes no sense. Mercedes builds amazing cars and they also build to order like BMW.

FPNY
01-13-2011, 03:48 PM

i drove my 535 ix in huge snow storm last friday night. i decided to go visit a friend in central connecticut, when i left my house there was about 8 inches of snow on the ground, he said it wasn't snowing where he was yet, so i decided to give it a try. some highway driving then a lot of back road driving in plenty of snow. my car handled like a champ. i have the all season run flats and didn't skid or slide not even once. i tried the anti lock brakes and the car stopped without a hitch and straight as an arrow. granted, i wasn't driving fast, kept good distances from the cars in front of me and tried to anticipate every possible disaster, we had a fine trip in a beautiful car.

the next day there was about a foot and a half of snow in the ground, i got into my car, put it in drive and drove out of their driveway like it was a sunny day.

once again i am very impressed with this vehicle.

GoBluBeemer
01-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Congrats on your stateside delivery! She's a beauty!

johnbmw6
01-14-2011, 01:31 AM
Mercedes build quality crap? Riiiight. We are talking about transportation not building cars. Your post makes no sense. Mercedes builds amazing cars and they also build to order like BMW.Prohaps were you are not here, and as for build quality:rofl: read this;
I test drove the CLS AMG 72.00 + extras with intent to buy, I got 23 miles away from the dealers and the dashboard fell out :( not the door the whole thing, I looked at the fixings and it was full of this "Foam cr*p" and self tapping screws. Needless to say straight back to the dealers, there words were "no problem sir we will screw it back":D needless to say they can screw the car.

admannj
01-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Wow it took over a month for the car to get from Germany to the USA?? What's up with the huge lead time. MB can do it in 21 days

The holidays + the snow in NJ slowed things down a bit. But it is here now. So I am happy!

Thanks!

admannj
01-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Awesome car! Are those the BMW branded rubber floor mats for the F10? Just curious.

Yes. Got them from the dealer. $112 + tax for front and rear!

I kept the car in the garage during the "crazy" snow, but afterward it did just fine on the roads that weren't quite cleared of the snow.

Congrats on your stateside delivery! She's a beauty!

Thanks very much!

Kar Don
01-14-2011, 05:24 PM
I had a cls and fit and finish in the dash was excellent. Who's to say the BMW isn't built that way. You have no idea