PDA

View Full Version : Best way to keep Driver's floor-mat in place?

xsi123
01-12-2011, 07:17 PM
The carpet has 2 clips/placeholders but the floor-mat has no holes or something.

What is the best way to keep it in place?

Can you post some pictures with solutions?

(I am not looking to purchase new floor-mats)

markl53
01-12-2011, 08:34 PM
If I recall without looking, the two clips hold pieces of Velcro (r) in place. What may have happened is your velcro pieces are stuck together and the whole piece came away from the floor. I mean, the mat has one part of the velcro and the floor piece has another. Sounds like they pulled out -- maybe check again?

KHarney
01-12-2011, 09:20 PM
yep mine is velcroed down.

meeksdigital
01-12-2011, 09:24 PM
My driver's side mat doesn't slip. I have Bavarian Auto's all-weather mats.

Kilgore Trout
01-12-2011, 10:39 PM
The carpet has 2 clips/placeholders but the floor-mat has no holes or something.

What is the best way to keep it in place?

Can you post some pictures with solutions?

(I am not looking to purchase new floor-mats)

What kind of floor mats do you have? If you have the OEM carpeted mats, their should be velcro disks on the bottom.

anE934fun
01-12-2011, 10:40 PM
yep mine is velcroed down.
+1. The factory mats come with Velco tabs (my term) that screw into the carpet and threaded holes in the driver's side floor pan. Once the tabs are in place and the mats attached to the tabs, it is almost impossible to remove the mats.

GiaGiaJa
01-12-2011, 10:41 PM
I own rubber floor mats. How can I keep them in place?

anE934fun
01-12-2011, 10:43 PM
I own rubber floor mats. How can I keep them in place?
Buy the mounting tabs for the factory floor mats and then glue velcro to the rubber floor mats?

GiaGiaJa
01-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Buy the mounting tabs for the factory floor mats and then glue velcro to the rubber floor mats?

:confused::confused: Okie :rolleyes:

Kilgore Trout
01-12-2011, 11:20 PM
:confused::confused: Okie :rolleyes:

The BMW rubber mats come with hooks that your screw into the carpet.

Kilgore Trout
01-12-2011, 11:20 PM

Why stop there? He should just glue the mats directly the carpet.

anE934fun
01-13-2011, 01:38 AM
Why stop there? He should just glue the mats directly the carpet.
Meh. If you glue the Velcro pads (again, my term) to the rubber mats, the mats can be removed for cleaning. If the mats are glued to the carpets, it is much harder to remove the mats for cleaning.

xsi123
01-15-2011, 10:58 AM
This is what I have (see pictures)... I guess something is missing...

Bill-SD
01-15-2011, 11:17 AM

Other than a vacuum? Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

Yeah, you should have gotten a couple plastic pieces that screw into your carpet to hold your mats in place. If you go to the parts dept and tell them you never got them, they might just give you a couple.

xsi123
01-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Other than a vacuum? Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

We just got 2 feet of snow... it is not that bad... :D

Chop362
01-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Liquid nails

PhilipWOT
01-15-2011, 12:24 PM
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4308586&postcount=42

Bill-SD
01-15-2011, 01:43 PM
We just got 2 feet of snow... it is not that bad... :D

I saw where you are, I was just messing with you. I know you said you aren't looking to by new mats, but the OEM rubber ones are pretty cheap and work really well. Especially with the weather you get. I have both the carpet ones (like you) and the rubber ones, and I pretty much leave the rubber ones in all the time anymore. But I bet you could get those missing clips if you go by the dealer.

anE934fun
01-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Yup, something is missing - the velcro anchors/tabs that screw into the dime-sized piece of plastic on the carpet. Go to your parts department and ask them for the missing piece. They should give it to you for free what with all of the commotion about carpet-induced sudden acceleration....

xsi123
01-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Yup, something is missing - the velcro anchors/tabs that screw into the dime-sized piece of plastic on the carpet. Go to your parts department and ask them for the missing piece.

Will do that. Meanwhile, anyone knowns the part # ?

anE934fun
01-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Will do that. Meanwhile, anyone knowns the part # ?
The missing part is included with the floormats (at least they were included with the floormats for my d). I don't think there is a separate part number for the anchors.

xsi123
02-19-2011, 10:03 AM
So... I went to the dealer and he gave me the velcro hooks. Unfortunately I didn't go with the BMW so I couldn't test them there.

When I went home I tried to put them in and it doesn't look like they fit. The velcro hook has a T-based fit (see picture).

Am I suppose to cut (tear) the carpet so they can fit or he gave me the wrong velcro hooks?

The part number on these is: 106 480-11

Any idea?

Orient330iNYC
02-19-2011, 10:24 AM
So... I went to the dealer and he gave me the velcro hooks. Unfortunately I didn't go with the BMW so I couldn't test them there.

When I went home I tried to put them in and it doesn't look like they fit. The velcro hook has a T-based fit (see picture).

Am I suppose to cut (tear) the carpet so they can fit or he gave me the wrong velcro hooks?

Any idea?

wrong hooks.
those are E46 hooks, they used to have slots in the floor where those would twist into.

anE934fun
02-19-2011, 05:40 PM

Any idea?

wrong hooks.
those are E46 hooks, they used to have slots in the floor where those would twist into.
Maybe xsi should take their BMW in to the dealer for assistance in getting the right hooks and fitting the hooks to the car? :dunno: With all of the recent attention on sudden acceleration, I would think that getting the correct hooks properly installed should be a priority for the dealer.

Ilovemycar
02-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Mine doesn't have hooks either. I think I've gotten pretty good about not sliding the mat around, though I would definitely still prefer to have hooks. I am not going to permanently glue them, that's for sure.

Bill-SD
02-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Yeah, the correct hooks have a thing that screws into the carpet instead of the T part.