PDA

View Full Version : Next ship leaving Bremerhaven is COURAGE...

cdarwinj
01-12-2011, 11:47 PM
According to Wallenius&Wilhelmsen, the next westbound ship (COURAGE) is scheduled to leave Bremerhaven on 01/16/2011. Two ships (FAUST and TORINO) are scheduled to leave on 01/21 and 01/26, respectively. My 535i arrived at the Bremerhaven port compound on Tuesday, 01/11/2011. I am hoping it makes COURAGE.

If it is in the compound for 4-5 days, does anyone the likelihood that it will make COURAGE?

jc_///m3
01-13-2011, 04:47 AM
You stand a good chance at making the Wallenius Wilhelmsen S.S. Courage. As another data point,
my F10 waited approx. 10 days at Bremerhaven before departing on the W-W Elektra.
There are some excellent earlier posts on tracking the status of your F10. Go to
the W-W link below, select "Track and Trace" under "Customer Tools" at right. Enter your VIN
in the "Cargo ID" block and "Track."

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

FastMarkA
01-13-2011, 08:31 AM
My E60 came over on the Courage.

FWIW, this is the same ship that tipped in NJ and crashed up a bunch of cars. Oopsie! :)

Dalice
01-20-2011, 01:16 PM
The Faust leaves tomorrow 1/21/11. I'm hoping my car is on it. I ordered it four weeks and am really trying to be patient but its not working.

Kandiru
01-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Deleted, trolling is not my forte anyway:(

cdarwinj
01-20-2011, 03:16 PM
You stand a good chance at making the Wallenius Wilhelmsen S.S. Courage. As another data point,
my F10 waited approx. 10 days at Bremerhaven before departing on the W-W Elektra.
There are some excellent earlier posts on tracking the status of your F10. Go to
the W-W link below, select "Track and Trace" under "Customer Tools" at right. Enter your VIN
in the "Cargo ID" block and "Track."

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

Thanks! I didn't know the ship tipped... YIKES! I'm going to search for an article on that incident. As it turns out, when I posted the original post on 1/13/2011, my car had already left Bremerhaven on the CURITIBA, which is not a W&W ship. I think it arrives in Brunswick Georgia sometime next week. I take delivery at the SC performance center on 2/9/2011. The part that sucks is that, if I elect to go the trade-in route, I have to trade in my current car ('98 528i) when I do the paperwork a week before I take delivery at the PC. Hence, I'll be without a car for a week. :cry:

cdarwinj
01-20-2011, 03:19 PM
The Faust leaves tomorrow 1/21/11. I'm hoping my car is on it. I ordered it four weeks and am really trying to be patient but its not working.

I'm with you... waiting is torture! As it turns out, when I posted the original post on 1/13/2011, my car had already left Bremerhaven on the CURITIBA, which is not a W&W ship. My salesperson gave me the shipping information after my post, so check with yours to make sure your baby isn't already on her way. :)

Dalice
01-20-2011, 04:30 PM
That's good advice. Will call my CA tomorrow. I promised myself I wouldn't be this way but its my first BMW.

cdarwinj
01-20-2011, 07:09 PM
That's good advice. Will call my CA tomorrow. I promised myself I wouldn't be this way but its my first BMW.

LOL! I also tried not to be that way... that lasted about 2 days! Given the awesome and beautiful piece of engineering we've ordered, it's only natural to become antsy and wanting to know where your baby is.

When I toured the SC plant, they told me that they had put in a new line to produce the roadster (not part of the tour) and they included 10+ webcams so owners can watch their baby as she's being created. I and I'm sure most people would pay a few bucks to have that capability on the lines that produce our cars.

Rafa
01-20-2011, 08:41 PM
When I toured the SC plant, they told me that they had put in a new line to produce the roadster (not part of the tour) and they included 10+ webcams so owners can watch their baby as she's being created. I and I'm sure most people would pay a few bucks to have that capability on the lines that produce our cars.

Being able to purchase a video of one's car being built would be super nice!