PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to members - 535xi now in production

radarguy
01-13-2011, 05:49 PM
I have observed more than participated in this forum since February. I want to thank members of the forum for giving me much to read that helped me decide what to buy. There were times that I was close to buying another brand based on the many negative experiences regarding numb steering, grinding noise, hesitation and others. I drove no less than nine different F10's since June and experienced no problems and fell in love on the first drive (actually it was at the NY auto show in February). Yes the steering, both the electric and hydraulic versions, is different than my E39. The hydraulic version is quite comparable to the E39 and is equally enjoyable.

The negative issues reported by many were put in perspective by forum members and I bit the bullet in December to take advantage of the $1500 rebate, 0.9% financing and to avoid the price increase. So, here it is:

535xi Dark Graphite, black Nappa, dark wood trim, anthracite headliner, prem. 2, dynamic handling, sport w/paddles, top/side cameras, vent. seats, 4 zone A/C, split seats, driver assist., cold wx, rubber BMW mats, badge delete.

Can't wait for the mid-March Performance Center pickup. :):):)

Rafa
01-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Hey, congrats! I'm sure you will enjoy your F10 like no other car before. It is that good! Keep posting about your experience as you go along.

tdepetra
01-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Congratulations! I love my Dark Graphite 535xi more every day and I believe you will too. Keep us posted.

jpointe
01-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Woowee, that's going to be a nice setup. Congrats. Is "badge delete" an option with them or were you going to do it yourself?

radarguy
01-14-2011, 07:05 AM
Is "badge delete" an option with them or were you going to do it yourself?

You can't get it from the factory that way In the U.S.A. I asked the dealer to remove the trunk model and X-drive badges and he agreed to at no cost. I never did like a lot of chrome and IMHO the F10 looks especially nice without the trunk badge.

highyo
01-14-2011, 07:50 AM
You can't get it from the factory that way In the U.S.A. I asked the dealer to remove the trunk model and X-drive badges and he agreed to at no cost. I never did like a lot of chrome and IMHO the F10 looks especially nice without the trunk badge.

my wife didnt like the trunk delete badge but agree 100% on removing the Xdrive insignia on the sides. it looks like you have thought long and hard about your purchase. the waiting is very fun. it makes you feel like a kid looking forward to xmas. for those reasons i really dont mind the gap on new cars

that and the new smell.. so it's not economical, lots of stuff we do every day isnt.

TJPark01
01-14-2011, 08:17 AM

+1. Too much badging on the side of the X-Drive models. Another great thing about the F10, is the minimal use of chrome. Cars nowadays use WAY too much of it. The F10 uses very little especially the sport models with the shadowline trim

Argelius
01-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Well, congrats. I hope to be making a similar post in the coming weeks!