PDA

View Full Version : ED in march-? timing for new change

bfv
01-13-2011, 08:21 PM
I put an order for a 528i on 12/30/10 and took advantage of holiday credit. The price for lease is locked till 2/28/11. I was planning to sign lease docs end of Feb and take ED in first week of March (3/5/11).

But, starting March, new features are added to 5 series models :angel:, I wonder if I should delay ED for a couple of weeks to get a car with new changes :D

Some questions:

1) When does the car actually go into production? Is it two weeks prior to European delivery time?

I understand that if I sign lease papers in Feb and take delivery in 3rd or 4th week of March, I will be paying for one month without using the car (in addition to her being shipped to US):eek:.

2) I am leasing a 528i. Can someone tell me what features change from March? I do not have HUD & Sport package and I am NOT a iphone user. I am an Android user. Will waiting be beneficial....rather worth it (lease monthly payment is around $600)?

Input from bimmerfest members is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

dunderhi
01-13-2011, 08:49 PM
1) Depending on BMW's production schedule for your car and its features, your car could go into productio six weeks or six days prior to delivery. Your dealer will need to have the VIN for your car in order for you to pay for it. A late March or April delivery could cause you to lose the Holiday Credit if your car isn't but in time.

2) As far as I know, the changes are a additional info in the instrument cluster, additional color options in the HUD, and the ipod features. There's been some discussion about auto start-stop, but I'm not sure if that is part of the March change.

My car is scheduled for a March 4th delivery. It includes a HUD, but I'll take whatever BMW builds; I liked what I test drove, so an extra color or readout won't make much of any difference to me.

Rafa
01-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Dunderhi, do you know whether the additional HUD colors are software based or hardware based? If it is software, it might be possible to upgrade for those of us who have earlier builds.

dunderhi
01-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Dunderhi, do you know whether the additional HUD colors are software based or hardware based? If it is software, it might be possible to upgrade for those of us who have earlier builds.

I would guess it's hardware, since there are additional colors, but it's really only a guess at this point.

Rafa
01-13-2011, 09:32 PM
I would guess it's hardware, since there are additional colors, but it's really only a guess at this point.

Thanks. Let us know if you hear something. No biggie, but it would be nice to have the additional colors if possible.