PDA

View Full Version : Speed Display - km/h to mph

dougie8
01-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Hi all,

My dad just got a Dark Graphite - Cinnamon brown interior 535i. Ill post some pics when when i get the chance. I just have a quick question about the speedometer. Since he often travels to the states, i cant seem to figure out how to get a MPH readout anywhere on the dash. I looked up the manual, and went through most of the idrive settings. Has anyone been able to do this yet?

Doug

vortexx
01-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Yes, in iDrive go to: settings>language/units/distance

when you change distance from miles to km your speed will show in km/hr

You can also speak the command "language and Units". If you dad does this often, I would recommend programming a preset for him with one of the eight preset buttons.

AzNMpower32
01-14-2011, 11:41 AM
I don't think you can actually change the speedometer or cruise control units, just the distance/odometer and the board computer (fuel consumption, range, average speed).

vortexx
01-14-2011, 04:02 PM
I don't think you can actually change the speedometer or cruise control units, just the distance/odometer and the board computer (fuel consumption, range, average speed).

If you have HUD, you can actually see your instantaneous speed displayed, and it will change between km/hr and mph depending on your settings for distance units.

dougie8
01-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the help. We do not have the HUD. So i dont think there is a digital instantaneous speed readout anywhere. Seems weird that there would be no mph readout in the car. My dads previous A6 and his jetta sportwagen both have a digital speedometer that can be changed to mph.