PDA

View Full Version : No Original Equip Dunlops in US?

smhoer
01-15-2011, 07:14 AM
I acquired a bolt in my right rear tire last night but did not lose air pressure. The bolt is in there tight. Unfortunately it is very close to the sidewall so it cannot be patched. Called BMW and checked with TireRack. There are no Dunlop SP Sport Maxx tires in the correct size in the US? How can you not have OE tires for a car you sell. So far the only option is two new Goodyear tires for the rear. I have less than 200 miles on the car and only need one OE tire not two of another brand.:mad:

Still can't believe non runflats are not an option.

smhoer
01-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Update: Friday evening I picked up a sheet metal bolt in my right rear tire. I called around first thing Sat and no one carries the stock tire including TireRack. I called BMW parts and they did not have one. The parts rep spent a couple hours calling around and found one but it will not be here until this afternoon or Thursday. This means I have spent 5 to 6 days without a car because no one carries the BMW stock tire for a car that has been out for a year.

The frustrating part is what if I was on a trip with my family. If I get a flat away from home I would have to order a tire, rent a car to get home and rent another car to pick it up whenever the tire got in.

Why BMW continues to focus on runflats amazes me. It is inexcusable that I cannot readily find a tire for a car that has been out in the US since March 2010. To top it off I will be charged $490 for the tire. The distributors who list it show it for $390 but they cannot get one.

baloo588
01-19-2011, 08:28 AM
I agree with your pain. I ordered decent all season Michelin MXV4 tires to replace the run flats on my 535 xdrive because I hate the ride on these continental run flats. I will keep a conti comfort kit in my trunk to repair tire when it happens.

DXK
01-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Maybe that's why the new cars got Michelines mounted on them.
What about that manufacturer's tire insurance that's been discussed here? Apparently, it covers tires for a year. Try to submit a claim to Dunlop?

beashonda
01-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Maybe that's why the new cars got Michelines mounted on them.
What about that manufacturer's tire insurance that's been discussed here? Apparently, it covers tires for a year. Try to submit a claim to Dunlop?

My 535xi came with Goodyears

TMQ
01-19-2011, 02:47 PM
The runflat/no spare thing from BMW really turns me off. The only new vehicle that I would buy from BMW are X5/X6 (with the optional spare tire), and maybe the 1 series (for commutes and short trips).

smhoer
01-20-2011, 09:31 AM
My dealer said they had not seen a F10 with dunlops. Just GY and Micheline.