PDA

View Full Version : Was the F10 inspired by Maserati?

GHOST PROTOCOL
01-15-2011, 01:20 PM
I do not think that this was discussed before. At least, I could not find another thread through the search mechanism. I was having a discussion with the electrician who is wiring up our new office space. He appeared to me to be a car enthusiast and, upon learning I had a new F10, he immediately went outside to check it out. It was his opinion that the F10 was inspired by Maserati. I think he mentioned a particular model, but I do not recall which one. I went to the Maserati site and looked at some pictures of their vehicles. It seems to me that the electrician's opinion may have some validity. What do you think?

elchevere
01-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Not sure about the car being inspired by Maserati but it certainly looks as though the AC Schnitzer rims designed for the new F10 with the hollowed out tips were.

SANguru
01-15-2011, 03:07 PM
it's doesn't look like the quattroporte at all and the lines are very different.

highyo
01-15-2011, 04:19 PM
it's doesn't look like the quattroporte at all and the lines are very different.

cant wait to murder one of these off the line :)

FastMarkA
01-15-2011, 04:47 PM
cant wait to murder one of these off the line :)

Starting at $120k...I think in most cases the driver is going to be a bit more refined and will look over at your 550 and not know (nor care) what that run-of-the-mill car is. :)

Needsdecaf
01-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Starting at $120k...I think in most cases the driver is going to be a bit more refined and will look over at your 550 and not know (nor care) what that run-of-the-mill car is. :)

Totally wrong.

Hang out on the Maserati forums some time. You'd be surprised.

1HOT BMR
01-15-2011, 06:06 PM
No way it was inspired by any Maserati. The Quattroporte is one gorgeous looking car and fun to drive too - I wish my F10 looked like a Quattroporte.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x406/NSXDriver/maserati-quattroporte-wallpaper.jpg

B-1 Pilot
01-15-2011, 07:13 PM

you can get a 2007 Mas for 60k.... one of the nicest interiors I have seen. after that, well hmm. (My best friend and best man at my wedding has one... and his preferred daily driver is a 2007 7-series, so take that for what its worth).

FastMarkA
01-15-2011, 08:51 PM
you can get a 2007 Mas for 60k.... one of the nicest interiors I have seen. after that, well hmm. (My best friend and best man at my wedding has one... and his preferred daily driver is a 2007 7-series, so take that for what its worth).

He has a 7-series and a quattroporte? Seems redundant.

We can argue until we're blue in the face about this, and yes I could get a 5 year old quattroporte for the price of a new F10, but the wear and tear is not worth the perceived prestige to me.

Getting back to the basics, I drive a car to get me from point A to point B. Statistics will tell us that regardless of the badge on the sheet metal, a car that's 5 years older is likely to be less reliable.

I cannot afford a new Quattroporte, I will let those who can bust out a check for $130k do that. :)

I think the F10 is a great car, but I look forward to being able to place an order for the Quattroporte someday.

highyo
01-15-2011, 10:29 PM

A run of the mill car that will compete with that car, which is a glaring display of ostentatious novaeu riche wealth. And a fine pedigree it is, rescued from the scrap heap by some fantastic marketing and italian passion for flair yet whose reliability and resale are always left..... Wanting. Take ur italian overstated performance sedan. A bit more refined? Ha. A wannabe with a mid life crisis more than likely. I like my bavarian bombshell just fine. Shes just right.

highyo
01-15-2011, 10:31 PM
He has a 7-series and a quattroporte? Seems redundant.

We can argue until we're blue in the face about this, and yes I could get a 5 year old quattroporte for the price of a new F10, but the wear and tear is not worth the perceived prestige to me.

Getting back to the basics, I drive a car to get me from point A to point B. Statistics will tell us that regardless of the badge on the sheet metal, a car that's 5 years older is likely to be less reliable.

I cannot afford a new Quattroporte, I will let those who can bust out a check for $130k do that. :)

I think the F10 is a great car, but I look forward to being able to place an order for the Quattroporte someday.

But of course, to each his own. Beauty and the eye, you know how that goes!