01-16-2011, 10:04 AM
My New 550i M Sport;

fkim011
01-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Love space grey!

DXK
01-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Super looking car!
The rear spoiler is part of Euro M pack, but not U.S. How do you find M sport suspension?

highyo
01-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Super looking car!
The rear spoiler is part of Euro M pack, but not U.S. How do you find M sport suspension?

i love the blacked out exhausts, an under appreciated design element, and looks especially mean in the Space Grey.

congrats, wait until you dont have to baby her.

markl53
01-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Nice! But I feel I'm in a parallel universe, or your camera is taking pictures in reverse mode, LOL. :yikes:

Needsdecaf
01-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Man, your car must have been built on a Friday for sure. They put the wheel on the wrong side!!! :D

Seriously...nice car.

johnbmw6
01-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Super looking car!
The rear spoiler is part of Euro M pack, but not U.S. How do you find M sport suspension?M Sport suspension is great, I run the car in Sport suspension ONLY.
No pulling, grinding NOTHING to report wrong.

Calibound525i
01-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Beautiful! Love the Light interior.

johnbmw6
01-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks guys, I am loving every minute in this one.

SANguru
01-16-2011, 12:02 PM
congrats again John. Great color combo!

GHOST PROTOCOL
01-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Excellent looking car, congratulations! From my perspective in the U.S.A., however, everything looks reversed (England?) and I am next expecting to see the evil Captain Kirk.

tdepetra
01-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Absolutely gorgeous - in an ominous sort of way! Enjoy and please give reports (right side perspective, of course) as you break in and pile some miles on.

BimmerUKF10
01-16-2011, 02:03 PM
Great to see you finally got your car - looks identical to mine, only Grey! Not 100% clear by your post - do you have the standard M Sport suspension or did you go Adaptive Drive?

brott
01-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet :thumbup:

DarienJim
01-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Super looking car!

Is there anyone to specify that spoiler on a factory build for the US? I think it looks very cool.

johnbmw6
01-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Great to see you finally got your car - looks identical to mine, only Grey! Not 100% clear by your post - do you have the standard M Sport suspension or did you go Adaptive Drive?No JUST M Sport suspension only, does just fine.
The 550I goes like the wind.:thumbup:

highyo
01-16-2011, 03:20 PM
No M Sport suspension only, does just fine.

does the M sport suspension compare to the Sport + setting here?

EvolutionTheory
01-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Man, your car must have been built on a Friday for sure. They put the wheel on the wrong side!!! :D

Seriously...nice car.

Yeah! Send it back! They put your steering wheel on the wrong side! It's like they built it through a mirror.

Beautiful vehicle though :)

BimmerUKF10
01-16-2011, 05:00 PM
No M Sport suspension only, does just fine.

I got Adaptive Drive. It's pretty good, but I find myself using the sport setting almost all the time. Would have loved to have been able to drive M Sport and AD back to back when ordering, but none of the dealers had either car!

You'll have to let us know how you get on with the economy. I chose the 535d over the 550i as I was concerned my mileage allowance wouldn't cover it! Do a fair amount of driving, so this was important to me. I'm getting 30MPG around the doors and 38MPG on a run (UK MPG). Not bad considering the size of the car, but a far cry from the quoted 46MPG combined. Can't complain though as I'm really happy with the performance, but the 550 can only be even better!

vortexx
01-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Congratulations! The space grey looks quite nice against the silver grills of the 550. In the US we cannot get the "M" suspension. I am curious as to how it compares to the Adaptive suspension when in "sport" mode. Did you have a chance to compare? Does the M suspension sit lower?

Rafa
01-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Hey, great looking car! The sound of the engine in the 535i is sweet. The 550i is muted... but I'm not complaining. Enjoy your car, man!

johnbmw6
01-17-2011, 12:50 AM
does the M sport suspension compare to the Sport + setting here? M Sport suspension has three suspension settings which are "Normal", "Sport" and "Sport+", in addition the drive train has three settings to go with or individually.
So infinite adjustments to the ride.:thumbup: I have the sport gearbox added to the car as well, this gives paddle shift and some other stuff.

johnbmw6
01-17-2011, 12:54 AM
Congratulations! The space grey looks quite nice against the silver grills of the 550. In the US we cannot get the "M" suspension. I am curious as to how it compares to the Adaptive suspension when in "sport" mode. Did you have a chance to compare? Does the M suspension sit lower?Adaptive felt no different to me, the sport auto box with sport suspension gives lots of options to adjust the ride, I find "Sport suspension" and "Normal" gear train is great for everyday.:thumbup:

johnbmw6
01-17-2011, 12:58 AM
I got Adaptive Drive. It's pretty good, but I find myself using the sport setting almost all the time. Would have loved to have been able to drive M Sport and AD back to back when ordering, but none of the dealers had either car!

You'll have to let us know how you get on with the economy. I chose the 535d over the 550i as I was concerned my mileage allowance wouldn't cover it! Do a fair amount of driving, so this was important to me. I'm getting 30MPG around the doors and 38MPG on a run (UK MPG). Not bad considering the size of the car, but a far cry from the quoted 46MPG combined. Can't complain though as I'm really happy with the performance, but the 550 can only be even better!Economy so far with bursts of 90+ is 30 MPG, this is on a engine with NO miles, so a bit more later with luck.
I must add I live out of town so thats where the car does it's work.
I do not drive it round the block as such as we have a diesel for short runs.:thumbup:

BimmerUKF10
01-17-2011, 01:31 AM
M Sport suspension has three suspension settings which are "Normal", "Sport" and "Sport+", in addition the drive train has three settings to go with or individually.
So infinite adjustments to the ride.:thumbup: I have the sport gearbox added to the car as well, this gives paddle shift and some other stuff.

Hi Johnbmw6,

That's not right. If you don't have Adaptive Drive, the Normal, Sport and Sport + modes only adjust throttle responce, steering stiffness and makes some changes to the stability electronics in sport + mode. Adaptive Drive adds adjustable shockers and Anti Roll bars. There is also a 'comfort' mode which IMO feels like you need the shockers replacing!

The M sport suspension has different springs and sits lower. I went with AD because I was concerned I'd loose the luxury on the motorway, although I'm not sure my concerns were founded. I do use the different modes, but find myself using sport mode the most. Also, I have sport mode setup for Chassis only and use sport mode on the gearsick if I want to throw it about a bit.

Wow! 30MPG!! I wonder if there is something wrong with mine? No matter how sensible I drive, the best MPG I can get town driving is 30 and mines a diesel!

DXK
01-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Hi Johnbmw6,

That's not right. If you don't have Adaptive Drive, the Normal, Sport and Sport + modes only adjust throttle responce, steering stiffness and makes some changes to the stability electronics in sport + mode. Adaptive Drive adds adjustable shockers and Anti Roll bars. There is also a 'comfort' mode which IMO feels like you need the shockers replacing!

The M sport suspension has different springs and sits lower.

That's correct. But I don't think there is comfort mode without Adaptive drive. His modes only relate to sport auto tranny he's got and there are 3. M doesn't have ARS, correct? It's tuned to the most sport and feels like functioning ARS on turns.

johnbmw6
01-17-2011, 07:37 AM
Hi Johnbmw6,

The M sport suspension has different springs and sits lower. I went with AD because I was concerned I'd loose the luxury on the motorway, although I'm not sure my concerns were founded. I do use the different modes, but find myself using sport mode the most. Also, I have sport mode setup for Chassis only and use sport mode on the gearsick if I want to throw it about a bit.

Wow! 30MPG!! I wonder if there is something wrong with mine? No matter how sensible I drive, the best MPG I can get town driving is 30 and mines a diesel! My Adjustments are as follows; Normal, Sport and Sport+, transmission and/or drive train can be configured from what I have just seen, jumping from one to the other without configuring anything seems to just change speed and ferocity of the gearbox and hardening up of the shocks.
The economy is unbelievable, but it is a V8 and @ 82MPH indicated the RPM is 1900.
So it should be good long distance, remember I live out of town and don't drive it just local runs.

BimmerUKF10
01-18-2011, 09:13 AM
That's correct. But I don't think there is comfort mode without Adaptive drive. His modes only relate to sport auto tranny he's got and there are 3. M doesn't have ARS, correct? It's tuned to the most sport and feels like functioning ARS on turns.

That is what I meant! Main point is there is not adjustment to the suspension without Adaptive Drive.