PDA

View Full Version : New F10 550i MSport - Impressions

vandyjmf05
01-16-2011, 03:23 PM
At long last I took delivery of my new F10 on Friday afternoon. She was actually delivered to the dealer in LI the week before the new year, but a couple snow storms, new years holidays, and work obligations precluded me from taking delivery until this weekend, but I must say the car was 110% worth the wait. Below is the full configuration:

F10 550i xDrive
Carbon Black Metallic
Venetian Beige Dakota Leather
Anthracite Wood Trim
Cold Weather Package
M Sport Package
Premium Package 2
4-zone Climate Control
Split Fold-down Seats
Smartphone Integration

I've driven the car around a little bit and immediately took it to get window tinting not even 24 hours into owning. Of course the car is fast and looks beautiful, but what really makes me smile is its control on the road and ability to put you in the exact place you want to be on the road at any time, which really comes in handy while driving in crowded urban areas like NYC.

There's no pulling to the right or steering issues with the ride. While driving it around on Friday I faintly heard what was possibly the "grinding" issue; however, it has not reappeared since after 50 miles of driving and plenty of 90 degree low-speed turns. The jury is still out and I'll post on the relevant thread should I determine my car falls into that category. Even still, the car is a dream to drive; my first BMW and it's just awesome! Thanks everyone on this site for providing so much valuable information during the process, and I know it'll continue to pay dividends going forward.

Pictures to come, so if anyone is looking at this color combination or would like to see something in particular, just holler and I'll accommodate when I post the pics.

Happy driving!

Needsdecaf
01-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Interesting color combo. Not one I would have picked. There doesn't seem to be a lot of V. Beige owners here.

But awesome car nontheless! Enjoy!

(P.S. Is it me or are there an awful lot of M Sport cars being delivered lately.....)

laser
01-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Congrats on the new ride .... great car!

Venetian Beige is the perfect color with black or white ..... I should know ....... I'm on VB (or whatever it used to be called) number 6!

Looking forward to your photos.

DarienJim
01-16-2011, 05:00 PM
F10 550i xDrive
Carbon Black Metallic
Venetian Beige Dakota Leather
Anthracite Wood Trim
Cold Weather Package
M Sport Package
Premium Package 2
4-zone Climate Control
Split Fold-down Seats
Smartphone Integration

I should be ordering mine this week exactly the same but I am going with the Cinnamon Brown interior and of course have to have HUD. Also need Sat Radio and iPhone integration.

Which rims did you select? I am thinking 351M's.

BigPimp
01-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Congrats! Would love to see bunch of pics. ;)

markl53
01-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Congrats on the new ride .... great car!

Venetian Beige is the perfect color with black or white ..... I should know ....... I'm on VB (or whatever it used to be called) number 6!

The OP's "Carbon Black" is actually a very dark blue, but I would think Venetian Beige looks good with it as well.

I should be ordering mine this week exactly the same but I am going with the Cinnamon Brown interior...

Now we're talking, IMO :thumbup:

cali311soca
01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
That grinding may just be the car naturally breaking in. If it went away I wouldn't worry. If it comes back take it in and have the dealership look at it. Car sounds sexy! I saw a new F10 5 series the other day, couldn't tell the type, and oh boy did it look good! Post pics so we can all google over them.

pharding
01-17-2011, 01:55 PM
The OP's "Carbon Black" is actually a very dark blue....
I had a Carbon Black E60. I would describe it as Metallic Black with hints of blue in some lighting conditions.

markl53
01-17-2011, 02:14 PM
I had a Carbon Black E60. I would describe it as Metallic Black with hints of blue in some lighting conditions.

You know, I don't disagree. However, some recent images I've seen, even in cloudy conditions, makes me think Carbon Black may have been reformulated a bit -- more blue seems to be coming through in all lighting conditions. Don't know, maybe it's still the lighting conditions at the time. Who just posted pictures the other day of their new CB 5 with Oyster/Black interior? Looked very blue to me and it didn't look like direct sunlight. I'll have to find the pictures. I remember seeing an M3 several years ago and I swore it was black, but when viewed at certain angles in direct sunlight, you could see a glint of blue sparkle. The guy parked where I worked and I saw it frequently.

EDIT: OK, I attached an image from "baben", who posted a thread about his new M Sport. It almost looks like a darker Imperial Blue, IMO. I need to see a new 7 or 5 in CB, I hope they didn't change it. Here's the link to his thread with images:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509345

SANguru
01-17-2011, 02:47 PM
You know, I don't disagree. However, some recent images I've seen, even in cloudy conditions, makes me think Carbon Black may have been reformulated a bit -- more blue seems to be coming through in all lighting conditions. Don't know, maybe it's still the lighting conditions at the time. Who just posted pictures the other day of their new CB 5 with Oyster/Black interior? Looked very blue to me and it didn't look like direct sunlight. I'll have to find the pictures. I remember seeing an M3 several years ago and I swore it was black, but when viewed at certain angles in direct sunlight, you could see a glint of blue sparkle. The guy parked where I worked and I saw it frequently.

EDIT: OK, I attached an image from "baben", who posted a thread about his new M Sport. It almost looks like a darker Imperial Blue, IMO. I need to see a new 7 or 5 in CB, I hope they didn't change it. Here's the link to his thread with images:

but that's not direct sunlight. Here's the difference between direct sunlight and out of the sun.

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx14/joshuahso/_MG_0169_tonemapped.jpg

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx14/joshuahso/_MG_0162.jpg

markl53
01-17-2011, 06:13 PM
but that's not direct sunlight. Here's the difference between direct sunlight and out of the sun.

OK, still beautiful. It's very unique and amazing depth in the sunlight.

pharding
01-17-2011, 06:30 PM

I agree. I thought that it was just me. It does likely slightly more blue than my E60. In 2013 I am going with Black Sapphire, Black, or Carbon Black.

Kar Don
01-17-2011, 07:26 PM
If carbon black was reformulated they would have changed the name of it and paint code.

vortexx
01-17-2011, 07:51 PM
I do not think it has been reformulated. I recently lease returned my 2008 E60 M-Sport in Carbon Black. I parked it right next in between a brand new X5M and a 7 series, both in carbon black. The paint looked identical on all three cars, but as you walked around each car, the color changes quite a bit, quite chameleon-like. It really is an amazing color. Nearly black under diffuse light, but deep hues of blue emerge with a direct light source, whether day or night. The "blueness" is really dependent on directness of the light source and the angle of reflection. When properly detailed, it really is a spectacular color.