PDA

View Full Version : Bye, bye F10.

solstice
01-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Today I settled with bmw regarding my troublesome F10.

I'll be signing for a new M3 tomorrow. It's pretty much loaded except for the Competition Package which includes EDC/Dynamic Drive since I'm now vary about that kind of suspension.

Good luck to all of you it's been a pleasure participating in this forum and it's many nice people. I'll still be checking in now and then but it will be far less frequent since I'm now intend to spend more time driving :)

Rafa
01-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Bye Bye, solstice. We were with you all the way... Now that you'll be driving an M3, we'll be behind you all the way, but very close!

Seriously now, I am glad your travails are over. Enjoy the M3 and drop by the forum from time to time. You will be missed, because with your posts you contributed to raise awareness of the grinding issue. Best of luck to you.

jimefam
01-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Glad to hear everything is resolved and I'm sure all this really was a blessing in disguise because truth is you weren't very happy with the F10 regardless of whether it would have been perfect or a lemon. 70k is to much to spend to not be ecstatic with your purchase and by your tone I can tell you are with the M3. Good luck with that and drop some pictures on us when you get it.

tdepetra
01-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Very glad you aren't having to deal with it anymore. My experience has been polar opposite, but no matter, what it happens to you, it's brutal. Watch out for those flashing lights behind you (way behind)!

Slaymaster
01-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Best of luck with the new ride and do stop by again!

pharding
01-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Which M3 did you get?

vortexx
01-17-2011, 08:16 PM
I am glad this all worked out for you, and it is nice to see that BMW did the right thing. In a strange way, maybe it was good that you actually had a lemon, as it really seems as if the M3 is the right car for you based on everything you have posted.

We look forward to hearing what you think about your new vehicle.

solstice
01-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks all, and yes it is a blessing in disguise even if I paid for it with some serious inconvinience.
pharding it's a new 2011 sedan, jerez black ( very close to carbon black ) with black leather and carbon trim. It has all packages except for competition and it has moon roof, upgraded audio, auto high beams, smartphone integration, sat radio, 19' forged wheels and DCT.

Kar Don
01-17-2011, 09:07 PM
what was the main issue you had with the F10? The grinding noise?

solstice
01-17-2011, 09:17 PM
what was the main issue you had with the F10? The grinding noise?

No, I think it was the repeated Dynamic Drive Malfunction that qualified it as a lemon without a single argument from bmw. Other than that it's history and I don't want to upset the happy owners by harping on it any more than I already have. I worked exclusively with the dealerships GM the last week and he has been awesome. Choose your dealer wisely.

pharding
01-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks all, and yes it is a blessing in disguise even if I paid for it with some serious inconvinience.
pharding it's a new 2011 sedan, jerez black ( very close to carbon black ) with black leather and carbon trim. It has all packages except for competition and it has moon roof, upgraded audio, auto high beams, smartphone integration, sat radio, 19' forged wheels and DCT.
Very cool. Congrats and I wish you the best.

solstice
01-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Very cool. Congrats and I wish you the best.

Thanks pharding, I had my ED just a few weeks prior to yours and we both had E60 lcis before our F10s. We both experienced similar differences but while you grew to love yours more and more my feelings went the other direction. I wish you safe and happy driving!

Kar Don
01-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Choose your dealer wisely.

Thats the exact reason I didn't beat them up on pricing too badly and why I will tip my CA on delivery day.

Also your posts convinced me not to order the DHP.

Kandiru
01-20-2011, 11:53 AM
WTF is wrong with the gastarbeiters in Munchen, Stuttgart, und Ingolstadt these days?

I almost get the impression that some of the cars come sabotaged off the production
lines.

Congrats on the M3, QC should be a lot tighter on that line. Great winter car:)

chrischeung
01-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Good for you. BTW, did BMW act surprised when you asked for a different car rather than the same one? I think that would be more extraordinary. How did they work out any differential in lease rates and MSRP?

solstice
01-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Good for you. BTW, did BMW act surprised when you asked for a different car rather than the same one? I think that would be more extraordinary. How did they work out any differential in lease rates and MSRP?

No they were not surprised, I explained that I would not be able to enjoy another F10 since I A it's now been conditioned to problems for me and B I would be spending to much time listening for and worry about ARS issues. I owned the car and they paid me back in full and gave me a really good deal on the M3. It was handled as a regular trade so the tax was just calculated on the relatively small delta in price.

My car was built when Germany was in the running for the World Cup in soccer. I will keep in mind to avoid that next time.

Rafa
01-20-2011, 07:38 PM
My car was built when Germany was in the running for the World Cup in soccer. I will keep in mind to avoid that next time.

Good observation!

ProRail
01-20-2011, 10:13 PM
WTF is wrong with the gastarbeiters in Munchen, Stuttgart, und Ingolstadt these days?

I almost get the impression that some of the cars come sabotaged off the production
lines.

Congrats on the M3, QC should be a lot tighter on that line. Great winter car:)

Which line? (You cited 3.) Oops. Misread your meaning.