PDA

View Full Version : scratch repair dallas

delawarerad
01-17-2011, 07:12 PM
My wife scratched my 2 week old F10. it is a small scratch but looks down to metal.
Does anyone have any recommendations of a good scratch repair person in Dallas? Any good experiences with DFW dealers regarding collision ? It seems overkill to paint a whole panel and blend etc. for such a small scratch. I am worried about rust though and want to take care of it. :(

Polarlys
01-18-2011, 07:52 AM
There are various ways to touch up and some of them are actually pretty good. But in reality if it that deep and you want it to look "NEW" I think the only satisfactory repair is the complete re-paint of the panel. A good body man can match the paint with no problem and it will look as good as new. Anything else, even a good touch up, will always be there.

Good luck with it.
Roger in NJ

Dallas550
01-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Someone ran into the bumper of my old 2008 528i and put two holes in it from their front plate. I took it over to classic bmw collision (still in Richardson) and they did a great job, looked brand new. Let me know if you need a name, it's been awhile but I'm sure I can find my paperwork somewhere.