PDA

View Full Version : My 550i xdrive M sport is in, when would you pick it up


phoenix73
01-17-2011, 07:17 PM
I've been waiting over 2 months for the car and it finally arrived on Friday. I checked it out, but it hadn't received the tech or cleaning yet.

I was supposed to go tomorrow to pick it up (today was a state holiday and I couldn't get it registered over the weekend), but we have yet another snow/ice storm on the way dumping 6 inches of snow then half to an inch of ice. Supposedly it will clear up by Thursday.

Would you wait until it clears or go for it.... it is all wheel drive:D

I told my CA that I'd call him tomorrow to tell him my intentions.

Phoenix73

dunderhi
01-17-2011, 07:21 PM
I would pick it up TOMORROW! :bigpimp:

GHOST PROTOCOL
01-17-2011, 07:26 PM
You have been waiting for your ride for over two months and now you are thinking about leaving it all alone in the cold, dark, damp dealership building for another week?

Edit: All kidding aside. You have waited this long, do what makes you feel most comfortable.

Financeman
01-17-2011, 07:48 PM
WAIT....nothing worse than getting a big pit in the windshield from a passing truck on the way home from the dealership.

DarienJim
01-17-2011, 07:55 PM
WAIT....nothing worse than getting a big pit in the windshield from a passing truck on the way home from the dealership.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

DXK
01-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Keep in mind that your tires don't have very good traction when brand new, your brakes are not at their optimum and you're looking at lots on snow / ice in W MA where you are, so I don't know... I think my car should be ready tomorrow as well, and I'll see what the weather is gonna be like closer to the coast.

jimefam
01-17-2011, 10:10 PM
I'd pick it up asap! There are probably many reason to wait but I know if it was me I'd go get it no matter what. Then again I've been waiting 8 weeks to be reunited with my 550 since leaving it in Paris after ED. At this point I'm ready to swim out and board the ship its on like a Somalian pirate!

Needsdecaf
01-18-2011, 04:34 AM
Go look at it....and then leave it there. I would not want to acclimate to a brand new car in this weather.

No offense to you west coast and southern guys, but it's supposed to be really bad up here this week. The ice is NASTY and no xDrive, even on snows, will overcome ice.

phoenix73
01-18-2011, 09:12 AM
unfortunately, the decision was made for me. The roads are closed and the ice is supposed to continue until tomorrow. :tsk:

I'll be picking her up on Thursday (theoretically it will be sunny by then).

DXK
01-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I'll probably be doing the same. We've waited that long, what's couple of more days?

johnbmw6
01-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I'll probably be doing the same. We've waited that long, what's couple of more days?This would be my way too, I had mine arrive Saturday, it was ordered 10th October!!, a few more days wait will not kill you, a mishap in all that snow just might.:eek:

pharding
01-18-2011, 06:50 PM
today

tlm999
01-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Tell the dealer you want it delivered to you.

Needsdecaf
01-19-2011, 04:20 AM
Tell the dealer you want it delivered to you.

Yeah, so a bunch of underpaid valets can wrap it around a light pole in the ice?

Not a good plan.

Rafa
01-19-2011, 08:16 AM
If it was me, I'd pick it up pronto.

DXK
01-19-2011, 11:46 AM
The only way you could drive the car in certain parts of the state yesterday was if it came with skates instead of tires

Needsdecaf
01-19-2011, 11:55 AM
The only way you could drive the car in certain parts of the state yesterday was if it came with skates instead of tires

Or got the 535 h-drive version (as in Hovercraft).

:rofl:

phoenix73
01-20-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm glad I waited.

Picked up the car today. What a nice ride.

It was dark when I drove home so I will take photos etc.. this weekend.
:thumbup: