PDA

View Full Version : USA - Any confirmation on 6NR?

Kar Don
01-17-2011, 10:03 PM
We confirmed the extended contents on BMWUSA BYO by adding HUD it gives you the extended black panel, has anyone heard about 6NR? I know UK dealers confirmed it as a standalone option, but nothing is on BMWUSA yet. Do you think BMWUSA will bundle it with 6FL or 6NF? I have a car ordered with 6FL and I added 6NF just a safety factor, I guess we will see what happens in the coming weeks?

Titanflux
01-18-2011, 12:33 PM
BMW USA seem to bundle all sorts of options for you guys - god only knows what they might bundle it with?

We are lucky in Europe to be able to pick and choose pretty much as we please!

blackhawk_pilot
01-18-2011, 12:47 PM
The question here is;
Will it be retrofittable by way of firmware or sw upgrade?

Argelius
01-21-2011, 09:50 AM
According to this, it is NOT retrofittable:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514177

ksoze
01-21-2011, 10:01 AM
According to this, it is NOT retrofittable:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514177

That quote does maybe leave some wiggle room possibly for Combox equipped cars. Much of any phone integration related talk always seems to negate pre-September 2010 cars, so this comment may not have been the end.

nyranger74
01-21-2011, 10:49 AM
I think its quite clear that it will not be retrofitted.

ksoze
01-21-2011, 10:59 AM
I think its quite clear that it will not be retrofitted.

Unlike the Combox update which caught many buyers, this upcoming and loosely described feature set seems to have much to do with the Combox. I know that this same upgrade issue happened with the September 2010 changes and it left many behind and was confirmed to be not OEM retrofittable, due in major part to the additional hardware.

What is still unclear is the nature of this feature is if it involves new hardware beyond the required smartphone integration (6FL), than it is probably a show stopper. The Combox (6VC) specs show a device made to be upgradeable through software and a key platform for further phone services. Hopefully, we can get some definitive news soon.

anthony@empireleasing
01-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Like to see if it doesnt work with new combox what all you guys who abuse u with "what do u want bmw to never change things " thats right before they tell u they have the combox so its no big deal. Lol... if its 2012 only karma runs deep.

Sent from my Nexus One using Bimmer App