PDA

View Full Version : Can you order an xDrive car w/ the sport/m-sport with summer tires instead of A/S?

mw5
01-18-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm not a big fan of all-season tires. I prefer using snow tires in the winter.

Has anyone been able to order an xDrive car with sport/m-sport packages with summer performance tires?

If so, how?

I think it ridiculous that a BMW with the sport package cannot be ordered with "sport" tires.

FastMarkA
01-18-2011, 10:11 AM
I don't think you can, and I agree, it's quite stupid.

You should be able to select the tires you want.

Actually, based on my order experience with the F10, I was quite annoyed with how everything comes in a package.

For example, I wanted the auto high-beams, but that requires the lane drifting alert (which drives me nuts) and blind spot detection (nice, but not necessary). Auto high-beams on the X5 are a $200 stand alone option. I'm happy to pay that, but not $1300 for a package of stuff I won't use.

Stanesq
01-18-2011, 10:12 AM
I agree. The unnecessary bundling of items is annoying. I wanted premium sound and was forced to buy $3000 more of items I could do without in Premium 2.

pharding
01-18-2011, 10:13 AM
In the US there is no latitude unlike Europe. However our pricing is substantially better Europe.

Needsdecaf
01-18-2011, 10:17 AM
In the US there is no latitude unlike Europe. However our pricing is substantially better Europe.

I can understand that. And I can understand the bundling of packages / options, etc.

What I cannot understand is that why I should not be able to order a 535i with Sport package and get the wheels / tires that come on the 535xi with Sport Package. Really, that is not so hard, now is it? The wheels are the same, except the rears are 0.5" narrower, and the tires are all seasons, 245's at all corners.

Why can't I get the tires from the other build? Makes no sense.

bmw325
01-20-2011, 07:19 AM
I can understand that. And I can understand the bundling of packages / options, etc.

What I cannot understand is that why I should not be able to order a 535i with Sport package and get the wheels / tires that come on the 535xi with Sport Package. Really, that is not so hard, now is it? The wheels are the same, except the rears are 0.5" narrower, and the tires are all seasons, 245's at all corners.

Why can't I get the tires from the other build? Makes no sense.

Agree...of all the things taht would be easy to customize, wheels/tires are the easiest. Not sure why they are so inflexible when it comes to thiss