PDA

View Full Version : F-10 Here

pkfinman
01-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks to all on this Forum for all the great advice given, it made my buying experience much better. Car is finally here. 535, Anthracite Black, Oyster Leather, Premium 1 and 2, Sport and Conv. packages along with the smart phone adapter.

Company Car so thats all I could do.... so far no pulling to the right or grinding....

One question, was it ever confirmed that the Smart Phone adapter actually links to the outside Shark-fin for better reception? My Dealer said no....

Thanks

brott
01-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Congrats PK! :thumbup:

And....honestly not certain if Smart Phone adapter actually links to the outside Shark-fin for better reception, however "assuming" so.

JoeRoadster
01-18-2011, 06:19 PM
No confirmation that Ive seen, just speculation. Personally, i don't think the adapter does squat for reception.

SANguru
01-18-2011, 06:31 PM
congrats!

vortexx
01-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Thanks to all on this Forum for all the great advice given, it made my buying experience much better. Car is finally here. 535, Anthracite Black, Oyster Leather, Premium 1 and 2, Sport and Conv. packages along with the smart phone adapter.

Company Car so thats all I could do.... so far no pulling to the right or grinding....

One question, was it ever confirmed that the Smart Phone adapter actually links to the outside Shark-fin for better reception? My Dealer said no....

Thanks

congrats! I am pretty sure that I read in some BMW materials (maybe even the manual, I just cant remember where) that the phone adapter does connect to the shark fin for better reception.

salamigs
01-18-2011, 10:07 PM
except iphones, as I do not think they have support for external antennae.

BimmerUKF10
01-19-2011, 12:30 AM

This is not true! Not sure about the 3G/3GS but the iPhone 4 definately connects to the external aerial via an inductive coupling inside the cradle. Similar to how your electric toothbrush charges without wires. The technical spec of the cradle confirms this.

The external connection though does seem to be phone specific. Some do and some don't!

dunderhi
01-19-2011, 04:45 AM
Congrats! :thumbup:

Rafa
01-19-2011, 08:18 AM

BMW literature mentions better reception through the shark fin antenna.