PDA

View Full Version : Timer To Start F-10

eyesight1
01-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Someone told me that there is a timer function that I can set to start an F-10 at a certain time to warm up the interior for a while before entering the car. Is this true and if it is how do I access the menu? Thanks.

SANguru
01-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Someone told me that there is a timer function that I can set to start an F-10 at a certain time to warm up the interior for a while before entering the car. Is this true and if it is how do I access the menu? Thanks.

not true. you can set the timer to circulate air but if it is cold, it's not going to warm it up. It's also not going to start the car.

highyo
01-20-2011, 03:07 AM
not true. you can set the timer to circulate air but if it is cold, it's not going to warm it up. It's also not going to start the car.

yes a great idea but not the best feature. cold in the winter hot in the summer. maybe for those who live in very hot climes, to air out the car could be important, get the temp down from say 140 to 100. but i have used it once and realized it just doesnt have much effect.

eyesight1
01-20-2011, 04:10 AM
For airing out the car, if you are in range of the key fob, you can hold down the unlock button for a few seconds and the car will not only unlock all the windows and the Sun roof will open. Just be sure you are in the right neighborhood and the weather is really stable.