PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer self install?

Domer
01-28-2004, 10:47 AM
OK...

I have to make a decision soon on my new X5 (picking it up in SC 2/5/04). I'd like some opinions and suggestions.

With the NAV system and Premium Sound, I am stuck with the CD Changer option to get by that stupid tape limitation.

The dealer is willing to include the CD Changer in the price as part of my deal. But... I've been thinking of other options like an Alpine MP3/CD Changer back there.

Here's what I'm wondering...

1. Should I go out and purchase the Alpine MP3/CD changer and the adapters needed and do it myself, or should I let the dealer do the OEM one?

2. If I do decide to go with the Alpine MP3/CD Changer, is the installation easy enough that I could do it in SC before I drive the car back home? It would be better to have CD's and MP3's on that drive...

3. Also, are there any 2004 X5 DIY's for the Alpine MP3/CD Changers?

Thanks folks!

Tom

LDV330i
01-28-2004, 11:14 AM
OK...

The dealer is willing to include the CD Changer in the price as part of my deal. But... I've been thinking of other options like an Alpine MP3/CD Changer back there.

Here's what I'm wondering...

1. Should I go out and purchase the Alpine MP3/CD changer and the adapters needed and do it myself, or should I let the dealer do the OEM one?

2. If I do decide to go with the Alpine MP3/CD Changer, is the installation easy enough that I could do it in SC before I drive the car back home? It would be better to have CD's and MP3's on that drive...

3. Also, are there any 2004 X5 DIY's for the Alpine MP3/CD Changers?

The dealer is not giving away the CD changer so if you do not get it I would ask least $600 off the deal ($590 MSRP + installation).

I installed my Alpine MP3/CD changer a couple weekends ago. Give yourself aproximately 90 min to do the install. It is relatively easy and simple installation but tedious because of having to remove the trunk liner in a 3 series. It is all plug and play and no exotic tools are required. :)