PDA

View Full Version : Turning off DRL- daytime running lights Q?

JJK-E46
01-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Is there a DIY to disable my DRL's. Dealer wants to charge me $50 to do this for .5 labor. Seems it would be easy.Thanks ahead!!!

batm4n
01-28-2004, 04:21 PM
Is there a DIY to disable my DRL's. Dealer wants to charge me $50 to do this for .5 labor. Seems it would be easy.Thanks ahead!!!

DRL's are programmed via MODIC. Only the dealer can perform this option. There isn't a way for the customer to do it.

You should try another dealer in the area, they may be willing to do it for free. It takes like a minute to do.

If you bought the vehicle from them, i would complain to the sales guy if they didn't offer the option to enable or disable them when u bought the car. It's in the inital programming of the key.

You could have one key programmed for DRL's while the other isn't.

JJK-E46
01-28-2004, 09:08 PM
cool thanks!!!

AndDown
01-28-2004, 10:08 PM
DRL's are programmed via MODIC. Only the dealer can perform this option. There isn't a way for the customer to do it.

You should try another dealer in the area, they may be willing to do it for free. It takes like a minute to do.

If you bought the vehicle from them, i would complain to the sales guy if they didn't offer the option to enable or disable them when u bought the car. It's in the inital programming of the key.

You could have one key programmed for DRL's while the other isn't.

I believe the DRL is a car program and not a key program, so it's not possible to program it for one key and not the other.

Chris330Ci
01-31-2004, 09:01 AM
I believe the DRL is a car program and not a key program, so it's not possible to program it for one key and not the other.

Correct. Car memory, not key memory.

turbosteve
02-03-2004, 12:19 PM
It does have to be done by the dealer. I had mine done when I had a service done and they did not charge me for it. S~

2k3TitaniumSE
02-12-2004, 09:06 AM
Are the daytime running lights with the highs? No wonder I always see x5ers with them on in the day. So you can take them out? And it is always like that right?