PDA

View Full Version : Win a BMW by Guessing the Configuration during Super Bowl

tim330i
01-21-2011, 12:04 PM
BMW announced today that it will launch an interactive contest tied to one of its advertisements to run during the Super Bowl on February 6, 2011. The contest, dubbed The X3 Matchup, will give viewers the opportunity to guess the configuration of the BMW X3 featured in the advertisement for a chance to win a Grand Prize two-year lease on the vehicle. In addition, the winner will receive a trip for two to BMWs Spartanburg, South Carolina plant to pick up their vehicle, see where it is built and to take a two-day performance driving school class at the BMW Performance Center.

Beginning on Friday, January 21 and running until Thursday, February 10, BMW fans and consumers can get a head start on the competition by logging-on to the BMW USA Facebook page (www.facebook.com/BMWUSA) and entering their best guess at the configuration of the vehicle that will be featured in one of BMWs television spots. Entries will be limited to one per day per person and winning is based on a point system. Points will be awarded for entry and for correctly matching the BMW X3 configuration.

There are 10 million unique configurations available for the new BMW X3 and this initiative was designed to highlight this important product message, as well as the fact that the BMW X3 is made in America.

We wanted to reward our loyal Facebook friends and give them an opportunity to engage with BMW surrounding this epic game, said Trudy Hardy, Manager BMW Marketing Communications and Consumer Events. The X3 Matchup allows us to highlight, in a fun way, the near infinite number of ways BMW customers can personalize a new X3 and the fact that this vehicle is made right here in America.

In addition to the one Grand Prize, ten First Prize packages will also be awarded. First Prize winners will each receive a trip for two to BMWs Spartanburg, SC plant for a tour and a two-day class at the BMW Performance Driving School.

Available this month, the new BMW X3 builds on the success of its first generation counterpart, offering drivers increased space, functionality, efficiency and comfort. The first BMW X model to be equipped with electro-mechanical power steering as standard equipment, the vehicle also offers owners the option of Dynamic Driving Control and BMW ConnectedDrive driver assistance systems.

Hu99
01-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Win a lease? Gee, thanks BMW.

mancho
01-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Win a lease? Gee, thanks BMW.

I think its paid by bmwusa. You don't pay it... right bmw? ?

Hu99
01-21-2011, 08:23 PM
I think its paid by bmwusa. You don't pay it... right bmw? ?

My point is if you're going to give away a prize, then give the damn thing away, don't dangle the carrot for two years then pull it away.....and let's not forget the humiliating "Lease Return" inspection that will come as part of this wonderful prize. God forbid you should scuff a rim with your "prize" because you'll be on the hook for a couple hundred bucks when you return it.

GiaGiaJa
01-21-2011, 10:52 PM
I would like to win this ----->BMW Performance Driving School.
Since I don't know how to drive. :)

BMWenthusiast
01-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Anyone know if its going to be the light blue one in the images or is this just a complete guess at all the combinations and then we have to wait and see during the commercial? I mean if it is the one you can knock out a few of the options pretty easily...

gtxragtop
01-23-2011, 05:03 AM
My point is if you're going to give away a prize, then give the damn thing away, don't dangle the carrot for two years then pull it away.....and let's not forget the humiliating "Lease Return" inspection that will come as part of this wonderful prize. God forbid you should scuff a rim with your "prize" because you'll be on the hook for a couple hundred bucks when you return it.

Don't forget the fine print.... blah blah blah.. 12K miles per year.... blah blah blah.
Not too many of us drive less than 12K per year these days. Drive over 12K per year
and you pay big time.

AzNMpower32
01-23-2011, 07:02 PM
If I was BMW, I'd be wicked and throw all the European options on there too, just for a few more permutations.

Like anyone would even know about things like "sport suspension" or "TV Function".

jatbeni
01-23-2011, 11:00 PM
A two year lease should still be worth $10-15K - so if you have to pay a few hundred back at the return, its still an OK deal. BMW is just trying to get more bang for its Advertising buck!!

And if you should run through 24K miles earlier than 2 years - just park the car, and wait it out.

Overall - I hear you - its a ****ty deal, but I'd still be happy to win :-)

FastPaceBill
01-24-2011, 08:11 AM
A two year lease should still be worth $10-15K - so if you have to pay a few hundred back at the return, its still an OK deal. BMW is just trying to get more bang for its Advertising buck!!

And if you should run through 24K miles earlier than 2 years - just park the car, and wait it out.

Overall - I hear you - its a ****ty deal, but I'd still be happy to win :-)

Agreed - I'd be happy to take down a 2 year lease and enjoy the car while I can. Of course winning the thing outright is 10x better - but we don't live in a perfect world! Glad to see BMW is participating in the excitement that is the Superbowl in 2 weeks :).

vern
01-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Something is better than nothing. If it doesn't suit your needs don't get involved.
cheers
vern

alandf
01-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Don't forget that you will have to pay Income Tax (Federal and State) on the value of the prize

v_jack
01-30-2011, 04:45 AM
The real prize might be the two-day performance driver training class. After all, I already own a BMW ... ;-)

kirkbmw
01-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Any one have tips on starting problems 1983 320I, starts great when cold restarts great when hot, but if it sits just that right amount of time 1/2 hour or so after being warmed up it will just crank and crank and eventually start??? fuel ? air lock? Kirk