PDA

View Full Version : Anyone receive the 2 GB USB card?

CarBrain
01-22-2011, 03:03 PM
I just received the 2 GB USB card from BMW that has what looks like a 2 GB USB. I have not test it out yet and it is not with me at this moment for me to test it out (I remember receiving it) but I suspect that it is some type of advertisement to get you hook up to more services that charges you more.

Anyone got it yet?

highyo
01-22-2011, 03:21 PM
I just received the 2 GB USB card that has what looks like a 2 GB USB. I have not test it out yet and it is not with me at this moment for me to test it out (I remember receiving it) but I suspect that it is some type of advertisement to get you hook up to more services that charges you more.

Anyone got it yet?

i got it, tried to use it on my Apple and PC. nothing.

yuryk
01-22-2011, 05:43 PM
I got it the same day I went to pick up my car from the dealer. Dealer had no idea what it was, so I was left to figure it out for myself. I use a PC, so it was a no brainer! There is a BMW application launcher on it, but it is only useful to play a few promo videos and get you to mybmw site. I promptly deleted the app, reformatted the drive and have been using it to transport mp3 music to the cars hard drive. It is nothing more than a fancy version of a cheap 2gb USB drive, but it works as advertised. Enjoy!

GHOST PROTOCOL
01-22-2011, 05:59 PM
i got it, tried to use it on my Apple and PC. nothing.

I had the same exact experience on my Apple and PC, i.e., nothing. I would have preferred a gift card for a nominal sum that I could used at the BMW store.

Stevej2001
01-22-2011, 06:50 PM
nothing visible on using it with my Mac. I was able to open the files on a windows netbook I own, but it doesn't have the horsepower to run the videos.

Given the MAC's current popularity, you'd think they'd have done an application for both.

That said, I already am linked into MYBMW, so who cares?