BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2006 E65 - radio has no RDS

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  teutonic7 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I've just bought myself a new 2006 e65 730d (UK).
I've noticed that the radio only ever displays the frequenc, not the name. Even if i store he station i don't get the option to enable RDS.

Reading up on here I saw that it can be enabled/disabled in the secret menu but when i try on mine, the RDS_55 option is missing under the setetings section of te secret menu.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

Surely any 2006 car (especially a flagship BMW) would have RDS on its radio.

Thanks in advance,

Olly

#2 ·
Mine has it also an 06, i dont know how to fix it though, I know that not every station has it.

#3 ·
I have an RDS option on the actual tuning section of I-drive in FM mode where you can tune the station.... And I did't have it either in the hidden menu...

#4 ·
Thanks guys.
Unfortunately after about another hour of going through every option on the iDrive menu I definately can't see anything that even mentions RDS.
In fact, compared to my last car (the same but a 2003 version) i'm sure the iDrive has a lot less options and settings.
I guess a trip to the dealer may be needed.

#5 ·
look at the iDrive menu where you manually tune in a radio station and where the top of menu says "store", "autostore" and next to it will say "RDS". highlight it, press it and it should engage. Just did mine the other day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.