PDA

View Full Version : M3 Wreck in Florida

JBono333
01-26-2011, 09:29 AM
I know this is an M3, but none the less, drive Responsibly

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/traffic/west-palm-beach-man-dies-in-violent-bmw-1205635.html

JBono333

540indiana
01-26-2011, 09:38 AM
I have seen a Enzo do the same thing. The guy had just purchased it new coming home from the dealership and decided he was Schumacher. Nope. I have been driving vehicles since I was 10 and still to this day I drive within the means of my abilites whether its a SUV , Mustang (ok got in some trouble with it) or my beloved Bimmer. The 540 is the most powerful car I have driven in. I would love to take some drivig courses with it but I am affraid everyone will laugh because it is an automatic. If I can find a decent deal on a I6 in a couple of years from now, that will be the modded car I will play with.

doru
01-26-2011, 09:42 AM
That was some speed to shear the car in half!!!! By a tree!!!!
That tree was strong. Unibody?

Jim Rolando
01-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Sometimes I think, although I realize the impossibility of doing it, that dealers have some responsibility to get proof from a buyer, before selling them a high performance vehicle of any kind, that they know what they are getting into and can handle them. The best example I can think of involved the nephew of a friend. A few years ago, just having graduated from high school and secured his first job and with no experience riding motorcycles, bought a brand new super high performance bike and drove off on it. An hour and a half later he was plastered on a rock near Glacier Park with the speedometer pegged at 140 MPH.

540indiana
01-26-2011, 10:00 AM
Sorry to hear that man. I must of had my mother watching over me when I was 16-24 for the times I did drive like an idiot.

Jim Rolando
01-26-2011, 10:50 AM
I know what you mean. I was statistically dead by the time I was 20.

arsham1992
01-26-2011, 10:51 AM
This happened to one of my coworkers, but with a chev. Impala. He was coming from a bar and he took a turn and lost contorl and hit a tree and died instantly. Was very sad. Sometimes when I am driving and I start to speed or fool around I always think of him and slow down, scary stuff. Or I think about all the videos they showed in drivers Ed to scare us.

filon102
01-26-2011, 10:58 AM
About 98% of the time, I dont drive like a retard... especially in the winter months...

Jim Rolando
01-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Crap happens fast even when you're driving prudently. On my way to work this morning in my truck I was going about 15 mph because it was black ice I went around one of those curves that slopes the wrong way and the next thing I was sideways headed for a bus coming at me.

I need to be careful when I'm driving my Bimmer because it is so much fun. But, I try to remember just how fast stuff is happening at 80 or 90 mph and my reflexes are not what they once were.

kyle540i
01-26-2011, 11:51 AM
. . . . my reflexes are not what they once were.

If my reflexes were half as fast as I thought they were when I was 16 . . . . :yikes:

My son is 16 & he isn't as bad as I was, but I'm scared for what he doesn't know! I sure wish I could put him thru the 2 day performance driving school at the BMW plant.
The way I see it, if he is he is gonna push the limits, he should know what comes after the line is crossed.

CDirks
01-26-2011, 01:59 PM
Dibs on the passenger side rear wheel.

But yea drive responsibly is the message

Killjoy
01-27-2011, 02:53 AM
That was some speed to shear the car in half!!!! By a tree!!!!
That tree was strong. Unibody?

Na. Frame on wood.