BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New here. Help with Rims

807 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  kmirchia 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone. Been a lurker for many years now. Just had the good sense to join.

I needed a little help. I tried searching, couldn't find the answer, nevertheless, my apologies if it's a stupid question.

I love the Style 249 rims from the 6 series and would love to put them on my E66 7 series. Was wondering if anyone has done this or could tell me if it'll be a problem.

The 249's are ET14 fronts and ET 18 rears. Also the 6 series runs these tire sizes
8.5 x 19 Front ET 14 245/40 R19
9 x 19 Rear ET 18 275/35 R19

As compared to these the standard 19inch on the 7 are
9 x 19 Front ET 24 245/45 R19W
10 x 19 Rear ET 24 275/40 R19W

So, As far as I understand, the 249 rims will be more towards the outside of the car due to lesser offset but is it too much. (I was told +/- 5 is OK)
Also on these narrower rims if I run the higher profile tires (same section width as on the 6) already on the 7, will it be a problem with regards to safety and handling?

Hope someone can help me out. Thanks.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Yea that's what I had in mind all along. Never intended to use tires from the 6. That's why I asked if the 7's tires would work fine on those rims, considering the higher sidewall.
I have the new tires with me. Had my eyes on a set of wheels but that's gone and am left searching the net. But that's a story for another day I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.