BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2011 Navigation Disks Traffic Cameras

4K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  richpu 
#1 ·
I just got the nav disc off of ebay and it seems to be working in my '06 750i but how does the speed trap and traffic camera functions work on the screen? It seems to be working just as it was before but I don't know how to access the traffic cameras and speed traps. Thanks

#2 ·
You can display one or the other at any one time.
The options are available under our lovely idrive interface while in the nav view - press the knob and open the options list and go from there - not in my car currently, but that's how I enabled it.

#4 ·
If you create your own discs like me (as I was f***ed off with DVDs from ebay that were either wrong or incomplete) you can have as much or as little info as you want grouped into 1 option, so the NAV displays all of it :)

I doctored a lot of the html files (which create the additional screens in the NAV) so I didn't have to enter a range (standard html forms with hidden fields pre-populated to save time) when setting up a particular overlay (cams/ATMs etc) so it's all doable if you put the effort in..

It's a shame my custom discs are for Europe/UK, so no use for many here :( but the procedures are the same..

#5 · (Edited)
I have an '06 but the dealer gave me an updated version of the NAVI DVD when I bought the car in '08. However, I have never seen anything about speed camera locations. Are you guys pulling our legs' with this thread? (envisions 32 forum readers running to their car to "discover" the speed trap locate function on the navigation system)

#7 ·
I have a question regarding the Nav and/or Nav disc.

Whenever I start my car it takes forever for the map to display, it's usually solid green for 5-10 minutes. Occasionally it will say No disc inserted, restart the car and then it will recognize it but take a while to generate the map.

Is it the nav drive or should I try getting a newer disc?

#8 ·
Try your disc in another car if you can, if it boots quicker it's your nav unit..

Most of the time it's either a poorly made DVD or the Laser assembly in the NAV...Both are easily resolved without the need to fork out big bucks at the $tealer..

#10 ·
Have the E-bay disk and it works just fine. Just inserted and it worked. Question: How and what do I do to get the speed camera detection to work? I cannot find any
"Options" to set it up as suggested by "qrtwht" post. Can some one give me a step by step procedure? I have a 2006 750Li.

#11 ·
Have the E-bay disk and it works just fine. Just inserted and it worked. Question: How and what do I do to get the speed camera detection to work? I cannot find any
"Options" to set it up as suggested by "qrtwht" post. Can some one give me a step by step procedure? I have a 2006 750Li. Have new speed camera near home, sure would like to activate this feature!

#12 · (Edited)
1) Go to the Navigation screen and press the knob down
2) When you see the screen of "View", "Dest. Input", "Route Guid", "New Route", "Information", "Split" --> Select "Information"
3) Select "Travel Information"
4) Select "On Location"
5) Select "Car and Travel"
6) Select "Red Light and Speed Cameras" or "Police Speed Traps"
7) Go back to home page

These steps apply to my 2008 750Li. There might be a few differences on your 2006.
One note: only eBay DVDs have these new features. Not EOM disc!

#13 ·
1) Go to the Navigation screen and press the knob down
2) When you see the screen of "View", "Dest. Input", "Route Guid", "New Route", "Information", "Split" --> Select "Information"
3) Select "Travel Information"
4) Select "On Location"
5) Select "Car and Travel"
6) Select "Red Light and Speed Cameras" or "Police Speed Traps"
7) Go back to home page

These steps apply to my 2008 750Li. There might be a few differences on your 2006.
I can't wait to try this out to see if this applies to my 7. I'll post up my findings. Thx for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.