BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

745 li btum install instructions

12K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  PAPER 
#1 ·
does anyone have install procedures for this unit it came in the car but i cant program it to my phone

#2 ·
if it is a 9000 phone cradle module, the pairing code (BTKEY) is on the backside of the module itself. remove the module from the cradle & write it down. replace the module. to reset the module, hold down the blue light for at least 30 seconds until it starts flashing rapidly. you might have to either power down the vehicle or remove the module for a minute or 2 for it to clear. after that, hold down blue light for 3 seconds to activate BT discovery. you can then pair to your phone as normal. it should go this way, in a perfect world...

#3 · (Edited)
What year is your car?

Anyways, in the back ot the BTUM you'll find the passcode to connect to your cell phone. Plug in the BTUM in the center console and hold the bottom for a few seconds until blue light start blinking, search for bluetooth devices in your cell phone and link to the BTUM using the password.

Use this link if you have a '02:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257814&highlight=bluetooth

Try to search for "btum" or "bluetooth" if you need more help.

#4 ·
in my 2004 745li i plugged the btum in. pressed the button for a bit until the blue light flashed . then i used my phone's blue tooth and was able to find it and pair with it, yet, when i want to use communication, the screen says" please connect your phone" ??????????? anyone has an idea???? and how???? i am new to this vehicle. thanks.

#6 ·
I'm assuming that since you say you've been able to pair the BTUM with your phone that you've typed in the correct code. If so, and you're still getting this message, you might try deleting the BTUM's settings from your cellphone (e.g., in my iPhone there's an option for "forget this device") and then repeating the procedure again, making sure to follow all of the steps.

I've attached the BTUM manual, in case you don't have it.

Good luck!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.