PDA

View Full Version : Sound Advice!!!!!!!!!

TimDogg
02-05-2004, 01:24 AM
Has anyone been able to fill the the inside of their car with premium hi end sound WITHOUT the help of a subwoofer???? If so, what equipment got the job done for you.... :confused:

BlackIce
02-05-2004, 07:57 AM
I am in the process of upgrading the stock speakers and amplifier. So far, I replaced the stock speakers with Dynaudio ones, it still feeds from the stock amp. There are a lot more bass from Dynaudio than the stock speakers! It sounded really good, I cant wait until the I replace the stock amp with Zapco! I dont like the stereo too loud, and dont think it is necessary to have a separate woofer to get great sound in your car.

Has anyone been able to fill the the inside of their car with premium hi end sound WITHOUT the help of a subwoofer???? If so, what equipment got the job done for you.... :confused:

TimDogg
02-05-2004, 10:02 PM
I am in the process of upgrading the stock speakers and amplifier. So far, I replaced the stock speakers with Dynaudio ones, it still feeds from the stock amp. There are a lot more bass from Dynaudio than the stock speakers! It sounded really good, I cant wait until the I replace the stock amp with Zapco! I dont like the stereo too loud, and dont think it is necessary to have a separate woofer to get great sound in your car.
I would love to hear how the DynAudio's sound....I need to upgrade really bad and don't want the big sub-woofer arrangement. i would rather have a small audio package that sounds big. I would gladly spend the extra money thats often associated with trying to go small yet sound big!!! But, only if it's worth it...... Which components did you buy and about how much did you have to shell out!!!! Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

BlackIce
02-06-2004, 06:51 AM
I bought the Dynaudio 240GT Components for front and rear and the Zapco amp (Reference 200). Originally, I was going to purchase (2) separate amps to feed the front and rear but I am thinking to get rid of this and get a 4-channel one to save space. Total I spend approximately $1500.00 and I am doing all the installation myself, to save money, plus it is fun. I was intimidated by the scope of work at first, but once you get started, it wasnt so bad. Just take your time, do one part at a time and everything will be fine. Here is, by far, the best DIY

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e46m3/forum.php?postid=2786337&page=1

The Dynaudio sounded really good, bit pricey, but I think it is all worth the extra money. I heard some great thing about Focal, ADS and many others. You can search this forum and other forums for ideas of what you want your system.

Good Luck!

I would love to hear how the DynAudio's sound....I need to upgrade really bad and don't want the big sub-woofer arrangement. i would rather have a small audio package that sounds big. I would gladly spend the extra money thats often associated with trying to go small yet sound big!!! But, only if it's worth it...... Which components did you buy and about how much did you have to shell out!!!! Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

TimDogg
02-09-2004, 12:16 AM
I bought the Dynaudio 240GT Components for front and rear and the Zapco amp (Reference 200). Originally, I was going to purchase (2) separate amps to feed the front and rear but I am thinking to get rid of this and get a 4-channel one to save space. Total I spend approximately $1500.00 and I am doing all the installation myself, to save money, plus it is fun. I was intimidated by the scope of work at first, but once you get started, it wasnt so bad. Just take your time, do one part at a time and everything will be fine. Here is, by far, the best DIY

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e46m3/forum.php?postid=2786337&page=1

The Dynaudio sounded really good, bit pricey, but I think it is all worth the extra money. I heard some great thing about Focal, ADS and many others. You can search this forum and other forums for ideas of what you want your system.

Good Luck!
Thanks for all the info black ice.....