PDA

View Full Version : Mine is ordered

dkreidel
02-18-2011, 07:00 PM
Orion Silver with Cinnamon brown leather, black top for now (until I see what the beige looks like), 494 hot seats, ZPS premium sound, 6NF smartphone integration, 4U1 ceramic controls, and if I can get BMWUSA to let me order the HUD without the rest of the ZDA driver assistance(?) pkg I'll get that too. Love the HUD on our 550!

...and a 6-speed manual gearbox:D

This is a Euro Delivery car - my requested date is Sept 5th but the first ED's accepted by BMW will be 6/1/11. I'm not in too big a hurry, and the weather will be better in September for topless driving.

Dick

unlaidenswallow
02-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Sounds great! Let us know what they say about the HUD alone vs with the whole Driver Assist Package.

Also - what were they looking for on pricing vs invoice?

dkreidel
02-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Pricing is to be XXX above ED invoice (once it's published - the ED pricing on these cars may not be established for a few more weeks). I expect the answer on the HUD to initially be "NO" as all special requests are with BMWNA. In other markets the HUD is to be a stand alone option so this is a marketing decision, not a technical requirement. It may be months after SOP before they'll agree to this, and with a Sept pick-up in Munich that should be okay.

Dick

TopDownInFL
02-23-2011, 10:23 AM
NICE! Keep us posted on the progress!

BravoMikeWiskey
02-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Orion Silver with Cinnamon brown leather, black top for now (until I see what the beige looks like), 494 hot seats, ZPS premium sound, 6NF smartphone integration, 4U1 ceramic controls, and if I can get BMWUSA to let me order the HUD without the rest of the ZDA driver assistance(?) pkg I'll get that too. Love the HUD on our 550!

This is a Euro Delivery car - my requested date is Sept 5th but the first ED's accepted by BMW will be 6/1/11. I'm not in too big a hurry, and the weather will be better in September for topless driving.

Dick

Nice going Dick :thumbup:. I'm thinking of ordering one of these myself, give the M3 to my brother or something, the car just feels...dated compared to the new designs coming out...

Getitfast
03-06-2011, 08:52 AM

Dick
Welcome folks, I ordered my 640 here in Europe some 3 weeks ago. Advantage is that we get it here much earlier (should be here beg of April) but we do not get manual gearbox... Cannot wait anymore

dkreidel
03-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Congratulations on your 640! In the US the only available engine is the twin turbo V8. What color did you select? Odd that manual transmission is not for Europe :rolleyes:

Dick

Getitfast
03-07-2011, 10:30 AM
I went for grey with all black interior. Manual is according to BMW no market for Europe. Apparently US customers ask heavily for it.

DRL650
04-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Sounds great congrats. When will the M series be available? Thanks

dkreidel
06-10-2011, 09:39 PM
After slogging around on SoCal freeways behind a sea of beige Camry's and Odyssey min-vans, I concluded I just couldn't bring myself to drive a $100k BMW that was the same color as the clapped-out 'Yota's I was following. My car is in status #111, so today I had the dealer switch from Orion Silver to Alpine White with cinnamon interior.

Also, I've given up trying to get the HUD as a stand alone option, and still no word on when (or if) the M-Sport option will be available. BMW AG called BMWNA twice to confirm I really wanted a manual trans; apparently they aren't flying off the boat with a clutch pedal.

Dick