PDA

View Full Version : BMW 535i xDrive Color

fitzmarl
02-23-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm configuring a 535i xDrive for European Delivery. I'm pretty solid on all the packages and options. I'm hung up on the color, the choices don't really jump out at me. The closest color that meets my desire - sharp & unique - is Tasman Green Metallic. Has anyone seen this color? What do you think? Also doing ED, I didn't want anything that makes us stand out while driving through Germany and France. Thanks!

11gt535
02-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Your dealer will have a book with some smallish painted metal panels in the various colors. They may not match the color on your screen all that well. Dealers around here stock any color as long as it isn't a color (white, gray, black) so it was hard to compare. The color options available in Germany for native cars are nearly the same so I don't think you can pick a color that you won't see on the road.

After that... it's all your taste. To my eye the most attractive colors were the champange***** like tone (Milan?) and the neptune blue.

csmooth79
02-23-2011, 02:39 PM
NEPTUNE BLUE ftw

Although I have Alpine White/Cinnamon Nappa I would have preferred Neptune Blue

avidude
02-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Are you looking for a regular sedan or a GT. This is the GT forum.

Tasman Green is a beautiful and unique color and available on the F10 Sedan. On a GT I'd have to agree with csmooth79 on Neptune Blue, but I'm biased.

magnumforc
02-23-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm also biased to the Black Sapphire Metallic. With the Sport Package and the Shadowline Exterior Trim it looks mean. If I were a German mafioso...LOL, the bodies I could slide right into that gaping trunk.

Quacker
02-24-2011, 08:07 AM
Of course it's a matter of personal taste, but I set out to buy my 535 in Tasman Green Metallic. When I got to the dealer and saw it in person, I was... well... a bit disappointed. I think metallic green is a lovely color for this car, but my sense is that this version of it is a bit too toned down - too understated. I decided to opt for titanium instead. My advice is to definitely try to find one on a dealer's lot and go see it. Be careful though, I'm not sure that the 3 series green is the same, so don't use a 3 as a guide.

Regards,
Q

fitzmarl
02-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks everyone. I did see the Tasman Green on a 3 series and was underwhelmed. I have an Oxford Green (325) and Toledo Blue (Z4) both of which I like the colors. Maybe one of the blacks and blues would be the color.

Capobranco
02-24-2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks everyone. I did see the Tasman Green on a 3 series and was underwhelmed. I have an Oxford Green (325) and Toledo Blue (Z4) both of which I like the colors. Maybe one of the blacks and blues would be the color.

I think the GT is striking in black sapphire metallic especially with 20-inch wheels. The car exudes road "presence".

culto
04-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Pace BMW in Mamaroneck (Westchester, NY) has one in their showroom. I was surprised as to how much I like the color. Similar to Space Gray.