PDA

View Full Version : Z3 Club in MA?

Fred Parmenter
02-27-2011, 03:53 PM
I've been looking for over a year and finally bought my black 2000 Z3 2.8 roadster. With a hardtop. I love the car. I don't drive my 2002 330Ci anymore. I don't know why, but I just love driving this Z3. I bought some snow tires and am having a great time enjoying the hardtop in the winter. Anyway, I was wondering if there is a Z3 "club" in Massachusetts. Or a gathering point where other MA Z3 owners get together. It would be nice to meet some other Z3 owners and share experiences or maybe go for some rides. Is there anything like that in MA? Or New England? Thanks.

amancuso
02-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Hi Fred.... Check out the ZSCCA... www.zscca.org. I'm the area rep for NJ, but I'm sure there is some stuff going on in your state.

Best of luck with your Z3!

Al.

coopers
02-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Welcome. I have a 2001 2.5, bought new, and live in Holliston. There used to be a regional forum in one of the other forums, but I never saw anything come of it. The Boston chapter of BMWCCA runs a rally once a year that is a lot of fun and a way to meet other locals. If you haven't already, I would recommend joining BMWCCA.

HMS on the North Shore does an annual pre-season educational session that is another way to meet folks.

JCZ3
02-28-2011, 03:34 PM
There are some marginally organized outings with other Z's in New England. There is a great run in New York, organized by Erv Farnett, usually a week end in early May, but they fill up fast. There is also a group in New Hampshire that will do a couple of runs over the warmer season's. Ping me and I will keep you posted of upcoming rides. Or it sounds like maybe we can organize something ourselves. I am also in Holliston and I know of at least 1 other Z in our area.

amancuso
02-28-2011, 05:54 PM
There are some marginally organized outings with other Z's in New England. There is a great run in New York, organized by Erv Farnett, usually a week end in early May, but they fill up fast. There is also a group in New Hampshire that will do a couple of runs over the warmer season's. Ping me and I will keep you posted of upcoming rides. Or it sounds like maybe we can organize something ourselves. I am also in Holliston and I know of at least 1 other Z in our area.

Hey another 2.3iA in Dakar Yellow... Hello! I'll be at Erv Farnett;s NY drive, was there last year and can't wait for this May!

Al.

BlackjackM
02-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Hello I'm in Mass too and would be interested in a GTG

madurodave
03-01-2011, 10:58 AM
If you include Z4 from NH, I would be up for a cruise. Perhaps to the Cape for lunch?

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

amancuso
03-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Fred.... Checked it out, there is no area rep for MA, but there are groups in CT and NY. If you feel like getting involved in the club, please feel free to contact me.

Al.

lcjhnsn
03-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Don't get your hopes up about Connecticut Z activities. Unfortunately, my friend Myles Connoly, the CT ZSCCA Rep has not been able to organize an event in a very long time.

I am another participant in Erv Farnett's most excellent Catskill area CruiZe.

I currently serve as the Connecticut BMW CCA Vice President, a position I would not hold if there were more ZSCCA activities in our area.

pheonix
03-04-2011, 07:31 AM
Don't get your hopes up about Connecticut Z activities. Unfortunately, my friend Myles Connoly, the CT ZSCCA Rep has not been able to organize an event in a very long time.

I am another participant in Erv Farnett's most excellent Catskill area CruiZe.

I currently serve as the Connecticut BMW CCA Vice President, a position I would not hold if there were more ZSCCA activities in our area.

I am new to the scence and hope that we could organize some kind of activities! There are many new comers from CT,NY,MA area (based on ZPOST Forum). I will attend my first meet with the Connecticut Chapter of BMWCCA this Saturday and looking forward to meet fellow Enthusiasms

amancuso
03-04-2011, 08:14 AM
I am new to the scence and hope that we could organize some kind of activities! There are many new comers from CT,NY,MA area (based on ZPOST Forum). I will attend my first meet with the Connecticut Chapter of BMWCCA this Saturday and looking forward to meet fellow Enthusiasms

This is all the more a better reason for you local guys to step up to the plate and try and organize some activities!

ZGator
03-05-2011, 06:59 PM
I have had my Z3 bought new in 2000, I from CT live in MA, 5 miles from NH, and have family in VT and Maine. I don't think there was ever any clubs beyond BMW CCA, and nothing specific for Zs that I ever found. Keep us all posted if any thing comes up.

amancuso
03-05-2011, 11:02 PM
I have had my Z3 bought new in 2000, I from CT live in MA, 5 miles from NH, and have family in VT and Maine. I don't think there was ever any clubs beyond BMW CCA, and nothing specific for Zs that I ever found. Keep us all posted if any thing comes up.

The Z specific club is the ZSCCA. www.zscca.org From what I see here there is a nice small group of you guys here. Join, up and get involved. :)

BlackjackM
04-06-2011, 07:09 AM
For those interested, there is a Cars and Coffee event at the Larz Anderson museum on Saturday, April 16th. It would be nice to get a group of Mass Zs there.

http://forums.yuppieracing.net/content.php?121-Boston-Cars-and-Coffee-Returns-April-16th-2011

madurodave
04-06-2011, 10:32 AM
For those interested, there is a Cars and Coffee event at the Larz Anderson museum on Saturday, April 16th. It would be nice to get a group of Mass Zs there.

http://forums.yuppieracing.net/content.php?121-Boston-Cars-and-Coffee-Returns-April-16th-2011

If you don't mind a foreigner (I am from NH!) I might attend with my wife. Will have to see how weather is and what is on the Honey Do list!

BlackjackM
04-08-2011, 06:48 AM
If you don't mind a foreigner (I am from NH!) I might attend with my wife. Will have to see how weather is and what is on the Honey Do list!

Hey the more the merrier!!

chemgrad
04-08-2011, 07:44 AM
i am moving to mass in sept, keep me posted I would love to meet up sometime