PDA

View Full Version : Rim Repair - would you do it? Or Replace

northeast22
02-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Well I got the news today that the rim is bent!!! :cry:

I was hoping it would be fixed by a rotate & balance...but no such luck. Almost $700 to buy and install on a '10 328!! There is a company I see (thier trucks) running around all the time who claim to fix rims.

Has anyone ever tried it before? What was your experience with a repair? I'm in North Jersey.

Thanks for your stories.....

mdsbuc
02-28-2011, 06:10 PM
I've had bent rims repaired. It's a hell of a lot cheaper and the wheels seemed as good as new.

ccraig13
02-28-2011, 07:57 PM
I just saw a thread about this. They used one of those services your describing and only paid $120. They were from Jersey as well and said the results were great.

vern
03-01-2011, 06:57 AM
Well I got the news today that the rim is bent!!! :cry:

I was hoping it would be fixed by a rotate & balance...but no such luck. Almost $700 to buy and install on a '10 328!! There is a company I see (thier trucks) running around all the time who claim to fix rims.

Has anyone ever tried it before? What was your experience with a repair? I'm in North Jersey.

Thanks for your stories.....
If you want to buy a new rim at your dealer ask them for what they call a "take off rim".
Thats a rim that came on a BMW that someone ordered and when they got the car they wanted to upgrade to another style rim. For one reason or another although its a new rim the dealer can't sell it for the price of a new rim. Its much cheaper buying "take off rim" but its still not as cheap as getting your rim fixed. Good luck
cheers
vern