PDA

View Full Version : Edit Avatar function?

330Legend
02-09-2004, 06:09 PM
I want to download an avatar but when I click on the "edit avatar" button I get a field marked "do not use an avatar" that I can't seem to undo. Help! (The "reset field" button does not remove the "do not use an avatar" field)

AB
02-09-2004, 06:11 PM
You need at least 1,000 posts for an avatar, unless you are female or you meet some other very specific criteria. Sorry.

flashinthepan
02-09-2004, 08:20 PM
:yikes:

I am starting to understand Tom's choice.

330Legend
02-10-2004, 05:23 PM
Seriously, Can someone help me with posting an avatar?
thanking you in advance

AB
02-10-2004, 05:33 PM
thanking you in advance

:confused:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=658711&postcount=2

·clyde·
02-10-2004, 05:49 PM
thanking you in advance
Seriously. Most of the time, you need 1,000 posts before you can get an avatar here. In the past, there have been occasions where exceptions have been made for people that have contributed a great deal to the community with fewer posts and there have been a handful of amnesty type programs that have lasted a day or two where anyone that asked could get one, but those are all few and far between.

If you want one that bad, hang out and join the conversations. We're a mostly friendly bunch. :D

MMME30W
02-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Seriously. Most of the time, you need 1,000 posts before you can get an avatar here. In the past, there have been occasions where exceptions have been made for people that have contributed a great deal to the community with fewer posts and there have been a handful of amnesty type programs that have lasted a day or two where anyone that asked could get one, but those are all few and far between.

If you want one that bad, hang out and join the conversations. We're a mostly friendly bunch. :D

Ditto that; for example if you were online within a specific window during the board upgrade around New Year's Day this year, there was a limited period an Avatar could be had...several of us jumped at the chance, but hey! I was online at the time so I don't have any shame :angel:

330Legend
02-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Curious rule, but Ok if that's the rule, then that's the rule. By the way, My "photo of myself that I wanted to post as an avatar" is a photo of Penelope Cruz that I put up as a joke in reponse to the previous post. Yes, by all means, let's all be friends and get along nicely.

Soupcan325i
02-10-2004, 08:04 PM
How do I have an avatar? I dont meet any of the criteria...

- not enough posts
- not here long enough
- not a contributor of anything valuable
- not a hot chick
- not part of an amnesty program
- not a special request
- it wasn't right around new years

...I uploaded an image and got an avatar back on 1/22/04. What am I missing?

MMME30W
02-10-2004, 08:10 PM
You must have caught the end of the amnesty period :dunno:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49369

Soupcan325i
02-10-2004, 08:34 PM
So I WAS part of the amnesty program. Thanks!