PDA

View Full Version : X3 Difference Event promotion changes?

mhrir
03-07-2011, 02:20 PM
I just received the email below from a dealer about the X3 driving experience event. I have already signed up for this at another dealer but this dealer seem to have an additional twist...

<i>Youíre invited to experience the difference when the all-new BMW X3 takes on the competition. Itís an event that will have you talking for weeks to come. Get behind the wheel of the exhilarating BMW X3 SAVģ, and then, at the same event, get behind the wheel of one of its competitors - and experience the difference.

Youíll feel how the smooth power of a BMW engine, harnessed by the efficient 8-speed automatic transmission, stacks up against the competition. Youíll discover how xDrive, BMWís intelligent all-wheel-drive system, helps keep you in control in virtually any conditions. To top it all off, youíll enjoy the X3ís beautifully crafted interior and comfortable seating for up to five adults, with an additional 26 cubic feet of cargo space. Itís all part of this incredible one-day-only driving event.

As our thanks for participating in The BMW X3 Difference Event, youíll be able to take advantage of an exclusive offer. Purchase or lease an all-new 2011 BMW X3 - and take delivery by June 30 - and youíll receive a $500 gift card good toward any select BMW X3 vehicle accessories <u><b>as well as an Apple I-pad!</u></b>

Experience The BMW X3 Difference Event. While youíre at our BMW center, donít hesitate to ask about other BMW models. Discover why BMW is The Ultimate Driving Machineģ.

Spaces are limited for this event, so sign up now for your preferred driving time slot. To register, please visit www.bmwusa.com/X3Difference or call 1-866-905-4BMW (4269).</i>

Is this a specific promotion at this dealership or has the national promotion changed?

kl07rph
03-16-2011, 02:24 PM
I just received the email below from a dealer about the X3 driving experience event. I have already signed up for this at another dealer but this dealer seem to have an additional twist...

<i>Youíre invited to experience the difference when the all-new BMW X3 takes on the competition. Itís an event that will have you talking for weeks to come. Get behind the wheel of the exhilarating BMW X3 SAVģ, and then, at the same event, get behind the wheel of one of its competitors - and experience the difference.

Youíll feel how the smooth power of a BMW engine, harnessed by the efficient 8-speed automatic transmission, stacks up against the competition. Youíll discover how xDrive, BMWís intelligent all-wheel-drive system, helps keep you in control in virtually any conditions. To top it all off, youíll enjoy the X3ís beautifully crafted interior and comfortable seating for up to five adults, with an additional 26 cubic feet of cargo space. Itís all part of this incredible one-day-only driving event.

As our thanks for participating in The BMW X3 Difference Event, youíll be able to take advantage of an exclusive offer. Purchase or lease an all-new 2011 BMW X3 - and take delivery by June 30 - and youíll receive a $500 gift card good toward any select BMW X3 vehicle accessories <u><b>as well as an Apple I-pad!</u></b>

Experience The BMW X3 Difference Event. While youíre at our BMW center, donít hesitate to ask about other BMW models. Discover why BMW is The Ultimate Driving Machineģ.

Spaces are limited for this event, so sign up now for your preferred driving time slot. To register, please visit www.bmwusa.com/X3Difference or call 1-866-905-4BMW (4269).</i>

Is this a specific promotion at this dealership or has the national promotion changed?

I received the same as well via email. Was the dealer a west suburbs one? (begins w/ "E")

tturedraider
03-16-2011, 03:46 PM
It must be a specific promotion.

mhrir
03-16-2011, 03:48 PM
I received the same as well via email. Was the dealer a west suburbs one? (begins w/ "E")

From a dealer in Ohio. I just attended the X3 event so I hope I can use the gift card when I get it for an iPad. Not really interested in accessories.

02BMW530
03-17-2011, 12:49 AM
From a dealer in Ohio. I just attended the X3 event so I hope I can use the gift card when I get it for an iPad. Not really interested in accessories.

Email says the gift card is towards X3 accessories.

I'll take it off your hands if you don't want it. What did you think of the X3?

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

mhrir
03-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Email says the gift card is towards X3 accessories.

I'll take it off your hands if you don't want it. What did you think of the X3?

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

Liked it a lot. The steering feels overboosted at low speeds just like the 5 series we drove but it is just different, I don't think it is better or worse. Got to try out the sport seats and loved them, in fact I added the Sport Activity Package to our order. Also got to see the smaller non-nav screen display. It is the same resolution as the large screen so I am no longer worried we didn't opt for nav. The back seat area is huge, plently of leg room. Now just waiting for it to arrive in April.

If you read the text from the email I posted, it mentions about an iPad. I guess I need to call the dealer or BMW.