PDA

View Full Version : Confused by the BMW ConnectedDrive Concept Vehicle? BMW Explains.

tim330i
03-07-2011, 03:10 PM
If you're like me you've looked at the pictures of the BMW Vision ConnectedDrive vehicle and thought, OK that looks cool but whats the point? What does it keep changing color and what do all the hyperboles that BMW keeps throwing at us to describe this thing actually mean?!? This video from BMW seems to set out to answer our questions.

BMW says -
"The BMW Vision ConnectedDrive vehicle is a concept that shows, how cars could be connected to their environment in the future. This clip is about the ideas and heads behind this visionary vehicle."

Watch the video and let me know if you get it now. I think, maybe, that I got it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmHRS72KuLA&NR=1

AlexK
03-07-2011, 04:34 PM
If you'll watch the portion where Adrian van Hooydonk starts talking, you should get it, since he explains everything (the light channels with pretty colors are used to visualize the "something that is actually invisible" - the flow of data of various car's subsystems).

Killjoy
03-07-2011, 06:19 PM
^ Your sig is ridiculously big.

AlexK
03-07-2011, 06:25 PM
^ Your sig is ridiculously big.

:( You can always disable it in your own CP.

tim330i
03-07-2011, 07:23 PM
:( You can always disable it in your own CP.

You can always keep it reasonable for other members :(

E30 hobby car
03-09-2011, 07:23 PM
ok, I get it. and the car is cool. however, The explanation about the blue lights, is somewhat vague. are these modes? I mean, all of a sudden you drive past a monument and the car turns blue and some facts pop up?

that just confuses me a little.

I would think that the changing colors would throw a driver off while burning it down the highway.