PDA

View Full Version : Need help with parts and installation

1Queenb
03-08-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm a new member and I don't know whether I'm posting on the right forum or not but here it goes. I need help with a lot on my baby 1997 328i (256,486 miles) and I rather do these myself as much as possible. If someone out there can help me with how to and where to find the parts I would be greatly appreciative. I need Power steering hoses, tail lights throttle actuator, belts tensioners and deflection pulley, front struts, rear shocks ball joints control arm bushings and trailing arm bushings. I would like to do as much as I can myself before taking it in for the stuff I can not do. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Killjoy
03-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Go over to the e36 sub-forum and post there, we can help you there.

1Queenb
03-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Ok thank you so much

Flug540
03-08-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm a new member and I don't know whether I'm posting on the right forum or not but here it goes. I need help with a lot on my baby 1997 328i (256,486 miles) and I rather do these myself as much as possible. If someone out there can help me with how to and where to find the parts I would be greatly appreciative. I need Power steering hoses, tail lights throttle actuator, belts tensioners and deflection pulley, front struts, rear shocks ball joints control arm bushings and trailing arm bushings. I would like to do as much as I can myself before taking it in for the stuff I can not do. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

These are the resources I'm using:

- TIS for details on removal/installation procedures (there is a Windows version if you are on PC);
- Books by Bentley Publishers (but now most of the time I prefer TIS over Bentley);
- RealOEM.com to check part numbers that fit your car;
- Tischer BMW at getbmwparts.com for parts.

Hope this helps.