PDA

View Full Version : from boat to prep center

slash32487
03-09-2011, 10:16 AM
My M3's vessel just landed at the port in NY. i am located in NY and my dealer is in NY how long does it take to get off the vessel and to the prep center? and if there is no damage how soon can i hope to get my m3?

Munich77
03-09-2011, 10:51 AM
It all depends on how backed up things are at the prep center. When I purchased my car in MD in 2008, the car arrived on a Tuesday or Wednesday at the port, Friday night at the dealer and Saturday delivery.

slash32487
03-10-2011, 03:08 PM
thats a seriously fast turn around from what Ive been reading.

First i was told it should take 1-3 days at VPC so total sounds like to me 1 day from boat to VPC 3 Days to the dealer = at least 1 business week without any shipping damage.

The Vessel my car was on left the port today at around 2 or 3 (arrived yesterday) does it just go straight out to the VPC same day?

Is there a way to contact my VPC? my dealership is
Orange County BMW
101 Maher Lane
Harriman, NY 10926

BobsM3Coupe
03-10-2011, 05:02 PM
thats a seriously fast turn around from what Ive been reading.

First i was told it should take 1-3 days at VPC so total sounds like to me 1 day from boat to VPC 3 Days to the dealer = at least 1 business week without any shipping damage.

The Vessel my car was on left the port today at around 2 or 3 (arrived yesterday) does it just go straight out to the VPC same day?

Is there a way to contact my VPC? my dealership is
Orange County BMW
101 Maher Lane
Harriman, NY 10926

Contact your salesperson (or if need be, your client advisor, I hate that term). He or she can obtain the latest info on where the car is at. The only time they can't get any update is when the car is released from the VPC to the trucking company for delivery. Then the car is at their mercy. But from the port in NJ, the car should arrive in Harriman the same day it leaves the VPC.