PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition GT

car-fan
03-10-2011, 10:59 AM
hmmmm exterior color is nice.......http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/03/italys-trussardi-celebrates-centennial.html I yield to you guys for further comments:eeps:

Capobranco
03-10-2011, 11:31 AM
hmmmm exterior color is nice.......http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/03/italys-trussardi-celebrates-centennial.html I yield to you guys for further comments:eeps:

Pure Italian.

I find it interesting that Trussardi chose the 5 GT for this project. I have mentioned on a number of occasions that the 5 GT has road presence and I am sure this was noted by the Italians. Having lived and worked in Italy for a much of my life I appreciate the Italians desire to infuse style with the dramatic. If the mission of the Trussardi 5 GT is to dramatically showcase both the 5 GT and the work of Trussardi in a high profile fashion, then that mission was accomplished. Personally, I would feel uncomfortable driving the vehicle in DC but in LA of Miami Beach - it could be fun. I think the Trussardi logo on the side front quarter is distracting and a little over the top - but that is a minor criticism given the high profile nature of the design.

car-fan
03-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Pure Italian.

I find it interesting that Trussardi chose the 5 GT for this project. I have mentioned on a number of occasions that the 5 GT has road presence and I am sure this was noted by the Italians. Having lived and worked in Italy for a much of my life I appreciate the Italians desire to infuse style with the dramatic. If the mission of the Trussardi 5 GT is to dramatically showcase both the 5 GT and the work of Trussardi in a high profile fashion, then that mission was accomplished. Personally, I would feel uncomfortable driving the vehicle in DC but in LA of Miami Beach - it could be fun. I think the Trussardi logo on the side front quarter is distracting and a little over the top - but that is a minor criticism given the high profile nature of the design.

I think it's the point we have both have noted all along. Exterior observations by some aside (nothing new here), the GT is also viewed as a style statement by others. I agree that its interesting too, that Trussardi chose the GT as a platfform to serve as an extension of his sense of style & craftsmanship. I personally think it's hard to improve upon the OEM interior finish and quality of the GT - especially when appointed with Nappa leather.

I would like to see a BMW "Individual" version of the GT.

JMHO :)

Capobranco
03-10-2011, 01:03 PM
I think it's the point we have both have noted all along. Exterior observations by some aside (nothing new here), the GT is also viewed as a style statement by others. I agree that its interesting too, that Trussardi chose the GT as a platfform to serve as an extension of his sense of style & craftsmanship. I personally think it's hard to improve upon the OEM interior finish and quality of the GT - especially when appointed with Nappa leather.

I would like to see a BMW "Individual" version of the GT.

JMHO :)

I agree.:thumbup:

The GT breaks new ground, and does not fit into preconceived notions that are easy to categorize. The GT must be understood and appreciated on its own terms and design mission. So much of the criticism is uninformed opinion and pejorative in nature, indeed, many critics on Bimmerfest have never seen a 5 GT in the flesh, much less driven one. Many critics believe BMW should build only variations of the M3, and in terms of styling, the E39 represents a high water mark. The robust athletic design language of the GT is deemed heresy. As I have said previously, I commend BMW for having the courage to offer a new vision that remains distinctively BMW and true to BMWs commitment to driving satisfaction. It is nice to see the Italian's positive affirmation. I concur with the Italians who understand the reality and potential of the GT. IMHO:)

car-fan
03-10-2011, 01:48 PM
I agree.:thumbup:

The GT breaks new ground, and does not fit into preconceived notions that are easy to categorize. The GT must be understood and appreciated on its own terms and design mission. So much of the criticism is uninformed opinion and pejorative in nature, indeed, many critics on Bimmerfest have never seen a 5 GT in the flesh, much less driven one. Many critics believe BMW should build only variations of the M3, and in terms of styling, the E39 represents a high water mark. The robust athletic design language of the GT is deemed heresy. As I have said previously, I commend BMW for having the courage to offer a new vision that remains distinctively BMW and true to BMWs commitment to driving satisfaction. It is nice to see the Italian's positive affirmation. I concur with the Italians who understand the reality and potential of the GT. IMHO:)

Well said:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

BTW: I too come from the e39 camp. Bought new it was one of my all time favorites.;)