PDA

View Full Version : einszett Plastic Deep Cleaner and clear bra?

thekurgan
03-11-2011, 07:09 AM
I was wondering if this product was suitable for the occasional cleaning of the 3M clear bra. I've been using Plexus, and it works ok, but doesn't seem to deep clean like this product advertises. Thanks for any information, I just came across this and always thought it was just for convertible rear windows.

DetailDan
03-11-2011, 08:35 AM
I would be careful using Plexus because it contains butane, propane, and petroleum distillates. These can cause plastics to dry out and yellow over time. I would look into Premiers products, http://premiermobilegroup.com/pf1_products.shtml

thekurgan
03-11-2011, 08:57 AM
This product looks very good, I'm going to order some up. Thanks for the advice, the plexus so far hasn't caused any damage, but then again, the car is rarely in the sun or uv but I'll stop using it for sure now and not re-order more.

DetailDan
03-11-2011, 09:07 AM
No problem. Regular paint sealants can be used on clear bras, however you should make sure they dont contain any harmful ingredients or dyes.

thekurgan
03-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks a lot, Dan. I sent a mail to order some up along with some sealant to get ready for the warmer weather.

Bill-SD
03-11-2011, 11:24 AM
I would be careful using Plexus because it contains butane, propane, and petroleum distillates. These can cause plastics to dry out and yellow over time. I would look into Premiers products, http://premiermobilegroup.com/pf1_products.shtml

Premier is where I had my car done. Great folks! I also have their PF1 but I'm not impressed with it. It's very streaky. Maybe it's not as noticeable on light colors, but it really shows on mine. I used to use Plexus and I think that's fine. That's actually what the Premier folks recommended before they came out with PF1. Now I use Zaino AIO and that works very well for me.

DetailDan
03-11-2011, 11:35 AM
I think a lot of people did, and still do recommend Plexus because its a popular product. Its mentioned all over the internet. For those who own it, is the white tip on your can turning yellow? I know mine was before I threw it away.

Bill-SD
03-11-2011, 02:06 PM
I think a lot of people did, and still do recommend Plexus because its a popular product. Its mentioned all over the internet. For those who own it, is the white tip on your can turning yellow? I know mine was before I threw it away.

I have no problem recommending it either. I can only speak from my own experience, but it's worked well for me for years. I used it on the plastic window on my M Roadster for 3 years and the window was crystal clear the day I turned it in. Anyone who owns one of those can vouch for what a pain it is to keep them in good shape. I'd still be using it on the clear bra but the Zaino looks a little better and lasts a little longer. I will definately keep in mind your concerns about yellowing though.