PDA

View Full Version : Tips - E65 facelift Angel Eye bulb replacement

westbrookjf
03-12-2011, 12:15 PM
I would just like to add a few notes to the various threads on the replacement of these bulbs including the excellent article by glgpc, http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360922&highlight= .

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank him for all of his efforts in putting this detailed explanation on this site.

If your bulbs have gone the bumper must come off.

The bumper is just a bumper cover and is easily removed and replace by one person. It is very light and easy to handle.

BMW, at 120 per hour, and my local garage, at 60 an hour, both wanted 2 hours to complete the job but I completed it in 1 hour and if I were to have to do it again I could do it again in 1/2 and hour.

If you have a British type of number plate there are two screws behind the number plate securing the number plate plinth to the bumper which must be removed.

Regarding the plastic rivet at the bottom of the wheel arch, if you push the middle pin all the way through the rivet you can re use it.
If you are careful with the top edge side plastic rails you will not damage them.

The headlamp washer jets have to be pushed back and down or they will stop the headlamp moving forward.

Even with the headlamp unit out it is still hard to see where they located. Just look for a black cap.

I hope these notes help.