flashinthepan
02-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Ordered a BMW Phatbox - 40G to start.

Re: Playlist
How do you guys find it easiest to :

Set-up songs ?

By artist

By Music style

What is your typical search style once in your car ?

I see both as important, or can you search by either or, I may not want to search by CD, is it ok to ask for just "all of a specific artist" or just all of a music style like "Classic Rock"..???

I am curious as to favorite methods of current users.

(I have been reading the Phatnoise.com forums too)

Thanks

Terry Kennedy
02-13-2004, 07:07 AM
I see both as important, or can you search by either or, I may not want to search by CD, is it ok to ask for just "all of a specific artist" or just all of a music style like "Classic Rock"..???As long as your MP3s have the appropriate ID tags, you can search by artist / album / playlist name / genre. Normally I use artist search to get where I want to be, then switch to album (doing it this way sorts the albums by that artist, not all albums).

·clyde·
02-13-2004, 07:10 AM
As long as your MP3s have the appropriate ID tags, you can search by artist / album / playlist name / genre. Normally I use artist search to get where I want to be, then switch to album (doing it this way sorts the albums by that artist, not all albums).
Same.

I also use random mode a lot.

rickhuizinga
02-13-2004, 09:09 PM
How have you found the audio quality of the Phatbox when compared to the in dash CD player?

What format files do you normally play? (i.e. MP3, FLAC, etc.)

Thanks,

Rick

·clyde·
02-13-2004, 09:12 PM
I use MP3, but hearing isn't so great (particularly higher frequencies). I can't tell the difference for the most part, but my opinion on this shouldn't count for much