PDA

View Full Version : BMW CCA member ?

champaign777
03-14-2011, 08:04 PM
as title said - is it good to be a member of BMW CCA club ?

IndiansFan
03-14-2011, 08:27 PM

Yes. I've been a member for 13 years.

QSilver7
03-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Ditto...there's lots of things of interest...and if you decide not to participate in events...the subscription to the Roundel is worth the annual dues.

If you decide to join, please feel free to use my BMW CCA membership number as a referral (see my BMW CCA member number below in my signature). :)

Also, have you gone to their website? They allow limited access to the site for non-members...you can access some things when clicking on the pull downs along the top of the page. Here's a direct link...click around on the site for more info about the organization and what all they have to offer: http://bmwcca.org/index.php?pageid=new_member

Jason5driver
03-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Yep...
:)

champaign777
03-14-2011, 09:05 PM
some more feedbacks from members ?

cn90
03-14-2011, 09:34 PM
BMW CCA membership may have been valuable on the era before the internet because the only to get techical tips, gatherings etc is through Roundel etc.

After the internet is widely popular with forums etc, CCA membership is slowly going away with the wind.

ganesht
03-14-2011, 09:36 PM
your experience will differ greatly based on which chapter you (would) belong to, here in san diego we have a great club which offers tons of fun events (both driving and non driving).

here are some photos from our events: http://socalbavarians.com/
more: https://picasaweb.google.com/113380732609595051220

and heres a list of upcoming events so you can get an idea of what we offer: http://sdbmwcca.com/calendar.html

there are also many independent shops who offer 10-15% discounts on service for cca members, as well as discounts for parts from the dealer.

champaign777
03-14-2011, 09:40 PM
this looks cool ganesht :)

02BMW530
03-14-2011, 09:45 PM
They've got a good roadside assistance set up.

I'll join eventually, but as a broke college student $100 often times is spoken for before it's in my hand...

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

IndiansFan
03-14-2011, 09:59 PM
BMW CCA membership may have been valuable on the era before the internet because the only to get techical tips, gatherings etc is through Roundel etc.

After the internet is widely popular with forums etc, CCA membership is slowly going away with the wind.

With all due respect...rallys, autocross, day trips, and drivers clinics can't be experienced thru the internet, at least not with real seat time! And then there is that Octoberfest thing............

bugratu
03-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Do we have to be CCA member to attend meetings of chapters?I guess only as a BMW enthusiast it should be possible to attend.The only big advantage seems to be the discount if you want to attend BMW driving school activities.

QSilver7
03-15-2011, 07:10 AM
With all due respect...rallys, autocross, day trips, and drivers clinics can't be experienced thru the internet, at least not with real seat time! And then there is that Octoberfest thing............

And don't forget the annual "RAFFLE" ...which makes you think that every year...it will be your year to be one of the lucky bastards that wins a brand new BMW....or the money if you don't care for any of the models that are up that year. :fruit:

As ganesht & I both have intimated...there is a lot that BMW CCA offers...it is more than the magazine...it offers driving events, fellowship, discounts, information, driver schools, professional roadside emergency help, and there's the "friends of BMW" booklet that has lists of members you can call if you're traveling and need help (technical/mechanical) directions, a place to stay in an emergency etc.

Again, click the link in my post above (post #3) to see what all BMW CCA has to offer. Some may find that it's something they really like...and some may not. And if the links and info I've provided encourages you to join...please remember my membership number and list me as a "referral". :D

Jim Rolando
03-15-2011, 07:36 AM
I think it's worth belonging to. I enjoy the magazine and the emergency roadside service provides some peace of mind insurance. I'm not aware of a chapter in Montana, but, judging by the number of Bimmers in Missoula, I've thought about trying to start one. Also, I'm pretty conficent if I wanted to join the one in Spokane I'd be welcome.

AnotherGeezer
03-15-2011, 07:49 AM
My experience so far has been positive.

PropellerHead
03-15-2011, 08:03 AM
My experience so far has been positive.23 years for me. The rebates on new and CPO cars has more than paid my dues.

SD Z4MR
03-15-2011, 10:21 AM
your experience will differ greatly based on which chapter you (would) belong to, here in san diego we have a great club which offers tons of fun events (both driving and non driving).

here are some photos from our events: http://socalbavarians.com/

My wife and I joined after we ordered her 335is and they even let us drive my S2000 in their January Sunday Cruise. We're in image 6696 and a few others. We're planning on running the S2000 in the April autocross so my wife can get some real high-performance rear wheel drive experience under her belt before we pick up her 335is in May.

No one has mentioned this yet, but if you're a BMW CCA member for at least one year and maintain your membership continuously, you can get a rebate ranging from $500 to $1,500 on a new BMW, depending on the model.

Norm37
03-15-2011, 10:32 AM
And don't forget the annual "RAFFLE" ...which makes you think that every year...it will be your year to be one of the lucky bastards that wins a brand new BMW....or the money if you don't care for any of the models that are up that year. :fruit:

:thumbup::rofl:

woody underwood
03-15-2011, 12:17 PM
KC has always had a great Club and I've saved a lot of money by being a member... for 35 years.

Andrew*Debbie
03-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Yes. Discounts alone make it worthwhile. Even without the discounts, auto crosses, other club events, and ROUNDEL make it worth joining.

Sadly we're not members any more. Couldn't justify the price just for Roundel. If CCA ever starts up a Llanfairpwllgwyngyll chapter we're back in.

a/

Stevej2001
03-15-2011, 01:03 PM
[
No one has mentioned this yet, but if you're a BMW CCA member for at least one year and maintain your membership continuously, you can get a rebate ranging from $500 to $1,500 on a new BMW, depending on the model.[/QUOTE]

I got my $1000 rebate 2 weeks after submitting the materials.

As mentioned above, Roundel, alone, is worth the price of membership.

cwsqbm
03-15-2011, 02:11 PM
I joined for the events. While not strictly necessary to be a member for track days, the difference in price has been more than I've been in membership. And then there's the annual car show, picnic, etc.

Roundel is ok, but I don't always read it.

Vitacura
03-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Not much more to add, but I have been a member for years and it has been a great experience.

Tom K.
03-16-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm not understanding why there is yet another thread on this. Just join!

Tom

tturedraider
03-16-2011, 03:38 PM

Would you like to get at least a $500 rebate the next time you buy a new BMW or $250 if you buy a CPO BMW? Then, yes, it's good to be a member, in addition to all the other benefits.

Use my number as a referral when you join - 388003

They've got a good roadside assistance set up.

I'll join eventually, but as a broke college student $100 often times is spoken for before it's in my hand...

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

It's only $48/yr and that includes 12 issues of Roundel which is a very high quality magazine.

chrisk03
03-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Go for it. I just joined myself after going back and forth since getting my 335i in November. Roundel is definitely a great read and you can get back issues online. I've also gotten a discount on oil change kit and upcoming BMW Performance Exhaust install. I figured for $48 bucks it was worth a shot and I'm now pretty confident that I will be a member for some time.

dms540i
03-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Great magazine, and a good way to find reputable indy shops, and it pays for itself in parts discounts if you ever have to go back to the dealer. A lot better than subscribing to the Boston Globe, if you ask me.

Munich77
03-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Definatly worth it. The Roundel is a great magazines. The discount on parts sure helps.

jhill
03-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Yep, just found out about the $500 - $1,500 rebate on the CCA website, and I couldn't believe it, that I didn't know about since I've been a member for 3 years. I just ordered a 2011 535i, so I'll be getting my $1,000 rebate shortly after I take delivery! Anyone questioning the $50/year for the CCA membership now? :D