PDA

View Full Version : Interior color fading

Donny
03-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this. I am going to be ordering a 535is for an ED

The exterior is going to be the sapphire black with the coral red /black Dakota leather interior. I am hesitant about the red interior. I had a car a number of years ago with cloth seats the red turned orange after a number of years

Tom K.
03-16-2011, 10:44 AM
The Coral Red leather in my '08 128i 'vert looks as new after 3 years and 33,000 miles. I recommend quarterly treatment with a good preservative such as Zymol Treat or Connolly Hide Care.

Tom

tturedraider
03-16-2011, 11:10 PM
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this. I am going to be ordering a 535is for an ED

The exterior is going to be the sapphire black with the coral red /black Dakota leather interior. I am hesitant about the red interior. I had a car a number of years ago with cloth seats the red turned orange after a number of years

Get your windows tinted, 38% all around, www.llumar.com or www.formulaone.com , parent company www.CPFilms.com . Great product. They've never disappointed me in 20+ years.....and I'm very picky.

Donny
03-17-2011, 12:14 AM
Can't tint front side windows or windshield in Calif.

02BMW530
03-17-2011, 01:45 AM
Well, you *can* but you shouldn't. Can't tint front windows lower than 50% in Ohio, but I have 20% on my Jeep and 10% on my 530i for over 3 years without issue.

If you had a red cloth interior, I'm willing to venture a guess and say it was an older (mid-90s at the latest) GM or Ford? If so, rest assured the quality of materials have improved and are higher quality on a BMW.

I wouldn't stress over it.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp