PDA

View Full Version : Who's staying at the Ramada?

RKT BMR
02-13-2004, 04:39 PM
I am!

Cliff
02-13-2004, 04:47 PM
We ought to coordinate the car washing logistics this year. I'll definitely be washing mine myself at the Ramada this time around. Probably need a hose manifold...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26114

Wonder how the water pressure is there? :D

Keith
02-13-2004, 05:07 PM
You know I am too. :thumbup:

Terry Kennedy
02-16-2004, 10:30 AM
I am!Me too. I will have 3000+ miles of road dust and grime on the car when I get there, so it will be in dire need of a wash and detail. I'll be bringing my cleaning & detailing supplies bucket, but I'll need a hose, etc. Is the Ramada friendly to parking-lot car washes? If not, is there someone in the area I could visit for a wash?

Kurt Martin
02-16-2004, 10:54 AM
Me too. I will have 3000+ miles of road dust and grime on the car when I get there, so it will be in dire need of a wash and detail. I'll be bringing my cleaning & detailing supplies bucket, but I'll need a hose, etc. Is the Ramada friendly to parking-lot car washes? If not, is there someone in the area I could visit for a wash?
I'm staying at the Ramada as well. Yes, they are parking-lot car wash friendly. We borrowed their hose last year, but this year we will probably bring a few of our own. I'm sure you'll be able to borrow one!

Terry Kennedy
02-16-2004, 10:57 AM
I'm staying at the Ramada as well. Yes, they are parking-lot car wash friendly. We borrowed their hose last year, but this year we will probably bring a few of our own. I'm sure you'll be able to borrow one!Great! Thanks!

RKT BMR
02-16-2004, 01:08 PM
I'm staying at the Ramada as well. Yes, they are parking-lot car wash friendly. We borrowed their hose last year, but this year we will probably bring a few of our own. I'm sure you'll be able to borrow one!Much of this was "impromptu" last year... I'm thinking we should call ahead and set expectations. Perhaps we can even get them to support cordoning off that area of the lot where we washed for a few hours while we gets things cleaned up. We could do our part by coordinating and organizing to some small degree on here on the board.

I can't imagine they would be hostile to the whole affair... we are bringing them a lot of business!

RKT BMR
02-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Me too.Terry, I'm delighted to have a chance to meet you! And check out all your techie mods live. We're birds of a feather to some degree, you and I, when it comes to the ways we desire to customize our cars... :D

Mug
02-16-2004, 11:05 PM
Has anyone organized a group rate? 10 or more rooms qualifies for the group rate.

Terry Kennedy
02-17-2004, 07:13 AM
Has anyone organized a group rate? 10 or more rooms qualifies for the group rate.Might not work, at least in my case - I booked a couple days of "slop" as I'm not sure how long it will take me to get there, particularly with a stop-over at Amanda's.

Keith
02-17-2004, 02:59 PM
Has anyone organized a group rate? 10 or more rooms qualifies for the group rate.

I've tried in past years and nobody will commit and we always have plenty of people in the end, so it sucks that I'm getting this great rate, but the guys that "couldn't" commit will be paying a higher rate.
Oh well, I've tried, so you snooze you loose! :dunno:

So, I gave up trying and just use my AAA card discount, which is actually the same rate for 10 or more anyway, if I remember correctly.

If you want you can give it a try and all that are here I'm sure will give our "full" names and confirmation #, if they want it and that way you can see what they are "really" charging for a group rate, I'd be wiiling to bet that it's no lower than what I'm paying.

Then again, I might be getting a better rate that some, since I made these reservations back at the end of December. :thumbup:

JonathanIT
03-07-2004, 12:37 AM
I'll be at the Four Seasons Biltmore.

I'll have the concierge detail my car.

:p

SpeedinBlueBima
03-09-2004, 09:02 PM
Anyone have contact info for the Ramada?

Terry Kennedy
03-09-2004, 09:07 PM
Anyone have contact info for the Ramada?
805-964-3511

Jon Shafer
03-09-2004, 09:19 PM
What's up Mug? :hi:

Mug
03-09-2004, 09:22 PM
What's up Mug? :hi:

Hey Jon,

Looking forward to seeing you at bimmerfest! How are the plans going?

Jon Shafer
03-09-2004, 09:52 PM
Hey Jon,

Looking forward to seeing you at bimmerfest! How are the plans going?

This year is going to be the BIGGEST baddest Bimmerfest ever!
:supdude:

I look forward to seeing you too Bud!

540Greg
03-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Last year while I was checking in the girl behind the counter asked if I was taking my son to check out UCSB. I asked if it made a difference in my rate and she told me there is a big discount for the families of students. She winked at me and gave me the lower rate. It was about $15 a night lower than the AAA price. Do you remember this, Keith?

Greg S.

Keith
03-22-2004, 03:45 PM
Last year while I was checking in the girl behind the counter asked if I was taking my son to check out UCSB. I asked if it made a difference in my rate and she told me there is a big discount for the families of students. She winked at me and gave me the lower rate. It was about $15 a night lower than the AAA price. Do you remember this, Keith?

Greg S.

Yes I do, what's up with that! :mad:

This year I'm dragging some strange kid off the street and getting the better rate! :rofl: :D

Terry Kennedy
04-28-2004, 02:13 PM
We ought to coordinate the car washing logistics this year. I'll definitely be washing mine myself at the Ramada this time around. Probably need a hose manifold...IMPORTANT - according to the front desk at the Ramada, no car washing will be permitted there this year. I had checked when I called in to say I'd be here early, and they said Ok. So I managed to get my car washed. But that's it, I'm afraid.

If anyone local or with a reservation here knows the management, you might want to politely ask them what's going on. But let's coordinate so they don't get a zillion phone calls.

Keith
04-28-2004, 02:55 PM
IMPORTANT - according to the front desk at the Ramada, no car washing will be permitted there this year. I had checked when I called in to say I'd be here early, and they said Ok. So I managed to get my car washed. But that's it, I'm afraid.

If anyone local or with a reservation here knows the management, you might want to politely ask them what's going on. But let's coordinate so they don't get a zillion phone calls.

You've got to be kidding me, we give them our buisness and this is how they re-pay us, well :fingers: :flipoff: these pricks!!!! :mad:
Now what, I guess it's the do-it-yourself spray on and wipe and detail spray place!! :(

Hey Terry, if you get a chance, can you locate (ask around) a car wash closest to the Ramada, the spray on type place?
I know there's one down downtown off State St., but I don't know if there's one in goleta or "somewhere" close to the Ramada? :dunno:

RKT BMR
04-28-2004, 02:57 PM
IMPORTANT - according to the front desk at the Ramada, no car washing will be permitted there this year. I had checked when I called in to say I'd be here early, and they said Ok. So I managed to get my car washed. But that's it, I'm afraid.

If anyone local or with a reservation here knows the management, you might want to politely ask them what's going on. But let's coordinate so they don't get a zillion phone calls.First of all, welcome to California, Terry! Glad you made it in one piece, bimmer and all!

Did you talk to them about what's going on? I suspect they might not have a good picture of what this event's about, and how many participants are staying there. IOW, that bimmerfest is the reason their hotel is full.

Being hostile to the bimmerfest crowd will not be good for them next year. If this carwashing issue holds, which in my estimation is a rather minor deal from the standpoint of disruption for the hotel and the guests, I doubt very much they will have much business (if any at all) next year, once the word gets out. I have no doubt we can find several hotels that would be happy to accomodate our unique needs for one afternoon in order to attract the business.

Terry, I'd be happy to speak with them. While the organization of our destination and accomodations has been relatively ad-hoc, I'd be happy to act as an "official" spokesperson for the group, as I did promote and instigate the stay at the Ramada to some degree, and am hooked in with the caravan organizers.

That is, unless Keith wants the job :D

Terry Kennedy
04-28-2004, 03:08 PM
Did you talk to them about what's going on? I suspect they might not have a good picture of what this event's about, and how many participants are staying there. IOW, that bimmerfest is the reason their hotel is full.I didn't want to interrogate them about it too much, since they'd already gone out of their way to accomodate me. They tried suggesting a number of car washes locally, and didn't seem to "get" that we don't generally let others wash our cars, even by hand. I did mention "the big BMW show this weekend" which didn't seem to have any recognition.

I'm under the impression this may be a California water use silliness, not a Ramada thing.

According to the "we hope everything is wonderful for you here" paper in the room, the General Manager is Tom Patton at 805-964-3511. I guess that would be who to contact.

Keith
04-28-2004, 03:17 PM
First of all, welcome to California, Terry! Glad you made it in one piece, bimmer and all!

Did you talk to them about what's going on? I suspect they might not have a good picture of what this event's about, and how many participants are staying there. IOW, that bimmerfest is the reason their hotel is full.

Being hostile to the bimmerfest crowd will not be good for them next year. If this carwashing issue holds, which in my estimation is a rather minor deal from the standpoint of disruption for the hotel and the guests, I doubt very much they will have much business (if any at all) next year, once the word gets out. I have no doubt we can find several hotels that would be happy to accomodate our unique needs for one afternoon in order to attract the business.

Terry, I'd be happy to speak with them. While the organization of our destination and accomodations has been relatively ad-hoc, I'd be happy to act as an "official" spokesperson for the group, as I did promote and instigate the stay at the Ramada to some degree, and am hooked in with the caravan organizers.

That is, unless Keith wants the job :D

It's all you baby, I'm a little disgusted with them right now and after 3 yrs. they should have no problem!
That being said, DO US PROUD! :thumbup:

Terry Kennedy
04-28-2004, 03:25 PM
It's all you baby, I'm a little disgusted with them right now and after 3 yrs. they should have no problem!They're not being jerks about it or anything - I get the impression they just don't think they can allow it for some reason. Perhaps a reasoned discussion will get to the bottom of things.

Worst case, I have 2 5-gallon buckets with me and you can fill 'em up in the bathtubs :D.

Keith
04-28-2004, 03:35 PM
They're not being jerks about it or anything - I get the impression they just don't think they can allow it for some reason. Perhaps a reasoned discussion will get to the bottom of things.

Worst case, I have 2 5-gallon buckets with me and you can fill 'em up in the bathtubs :D.

I know Terry, it's just the point, if it doesn't happen, then oh well, I will take my buisness somewhere else next year.
TODAY, I just bought a solid brass 4 valve manifold from work (not cheap in my opinion) I guess I will take it back tomorrow.
NOW, I/we need to find an alternate place to wash our cars, they will need to be done, it's not a choice, it's given!

Cliff
04-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Hey Terry, if you get a chance, can you locate (ask around) a car wash closest to the Ramada, the spray on type place?
I know there's one down downtown off State St., but I don't know if there's one in goleta or "somewhere" close to the Ramada? :dunno:
I seem to recall one across the street next to the In n Out (unless I'm losing my mind, which is not outside the realm of possibility). The water there better be cold though - I'm not hosing off three coats of P21S wax at a spray it yourself car wash. A touchless would work OK too.

Keith
04-28-2004, 03:45 PM
I seem to recall one across the street next to the In n Out (unless I'm losing my mind, which is not outside the realm of possibility). The water there better be cold though - I'm not hosing off three coats of P21S wax at a spray it yourself car wash. A touchless would work OK too.

Your right Cliff, there was "something" there, I also can not remember what type of car wash it was?

I'm hoping Jon will get back to me with a suggestion, but I'm not going to stress over it.