PDA

View Full Version : BMW Professional Radio & Harman Kardon

lalid777
03-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Hello everybody, I am new to this site. Please kindly advise me on the following

1. I ordered the BMW X1 E84 on a special permit issued to me frm the govt. and therefore the CIF Value is very less so i cannot install the Harmon Kardon system but my X1 comes with BMW Professional Radio. Can you advise me how the BMW Professional Radio is and if I should anything else to enhance the sound quality?

2. RFT's: Since I live in a Asian country the possibility of a tire puncture is very high and the service centers for RFT's are only in the capitol. Is there a way to get rid of the RFT's without any sensible damages to the RFT sensors? I am separately ordering the Honeycomb 323's so this is a good opportunity for me to change the RFT on the 18". Please advise if this is possible.

Appreciate your help and advises and I am very excited about the new X1!!

AzNMpower32
03-22-2011, 05:49 PM
The Professional Radio refers to just the radio headunit and the wattage. What will influence the sound quality more is what speakers/sound system is installed. I do not know what sound system is standard in your country. The "Hi-Fi" system with 8-speakers (SA 676) will probably be sufficient for most uses, with the Harmon/Kardon surround one being substantially better.

You may mount non-RF tires on the existing wheels. However, do not mix tires (RF and non-RF). The tire pressure sensors for countries outside the US rely on the ABS sensors, and compare the relative rotation speeds of the 4 wheels. So simply reinitialise/reset the Flat Tire Monitor when adjusting pressures or changing tires.