PDA

View Full Version : some more pics of th '04 4.4i

ssabripo
02-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Well folks, it doesn't look to much different from the older one that was replaced, except that it has 12 miles :-)

2004 4.4i
Saphire Black / Black leather
Anthracite wood trim
SP
Moonroof
PDC
Premium Sound
4.6is rims

hope you like:

http://www.3volved.com/shervin/x5_1_small.jpg
http://www.3volved.com/shervin/x5_2_small.jpg
http://www.3volved.com/shervin/x5_3_small.jpg
http://www.3volved.com/shervin/x5_4_small.jpg
http://www.3volved.com/shervin/x5_5_small.jpg
http://www.3volved.com/shervin/x5_6_small.jpg
http://www.3volved.com/shervin/x5_7_small.jpg

GimpyMcFarlan
02-15-2004, 12:24 PM
ssabripo,

:yikes: Nice signature! :thumbup:

Oh, nice 4.4 X5 too. :D

Andrew Hunter
02-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Your X5 looks great in black with the 4.6 wheels. Question: Are those 04 4.8 twenty inch wheels or 03 4.6 19 inch wheels? I have the 19 inch wheels that came with the sport package on my 04 4.4 but haven't seen them on it since new as I bought an 03 4.6 winter wheel and tire package. Are the 04 4.4 wheels that come with the sport package the same as the 4.6 wheels that you have? (They look them same?)

I bought an 04 X5 4.4 in December and have a couple of complaints.

1) The paint has way to much orange peal. I bought the vehicle when it was raining and didn't realize how bad it was.

2) The brakes fade quick under pressure and start to squeak easily. I don't race around in it (I got a Ferrari for that).

First post on this forum,

DrewH

toshweir27
02-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Your X5 looks great in black with the 4.6 wheels. Question: Are those 04 4.8 twenty inch wheels or 03 4.6 19 inch wheels? I have the 19 inch wheels that came with the sport package on my 04 4.4 but haven't seen them on it since new as I bought an 03 4.6 winter wheel and tire package. Are the 04 4.4 wheels that come with the sport package the same as the 4.6 wheels that you have? (They look them same?)

I bought an 04 X5 4.4 in December and have a couple of complaints.

1) The paint has way to much orange peal. I bought the vehicle when it was raining and didn't realize how bad it was.

2) The brakes fade quick under pressure and start to squeak easily. I don't race around in it (I got a Ferrari for that).

First post on this forum,

DrewH

the standard 2003 4.6is wheels are 20" and are the 5-star design. the 2004 4.8is wheels will also be 20" but a different and new design. The optional sport wheels on the 4.4i are 19"

ssabripo
02-16-2004, 01:10 PM
the standard 2003 4.6is wheels are 20" and are the 5-star design. the 2004 4.8is wheels will also be 20" but a different and new design. The optional sport wheels on the 4.4i are 19"

Correct! They are the standard 20" 4.6is rims, and the 4.4i 19" upgrades also look similar, but you still can tell the difference...they are not as wide, have thicker spokes, etc.

·clyde·
02-16-2004, 03:58 PM
ssabripo,

:yikes: Nice signature! :thumbup:

:thumbdwn: on the sig. The women may look nice and I like looking at them as much as anyone, but I do NOT want to look at them here.

We've been through it before and here are a couple of threads about it:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6984

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7391

Please reconsider, ssabripo. Thanks.

TVX
02-17-2004, 09:39 AM
Hi SSabripo,
I knew you when we were in E46 Fanatics together and asked you about the X5 before you ordered it. I have my '04 X5 4.4 with sport package at port or in Spartan right now and should be shipped out next week to my dealership. I wanted to ask you again since you just went through hell with the auto level rear shocks, if you still think the X5 is worth it for the money? Thank god you were able to get a new one but it makes me kind of nervous to drop 64K on a new one and have to go through what you did.

There are a lot of cars out there I can get for 64K or cheaper so please tell me your honest opinion.

By the way I like your sigs always have, but not everyone is open minded.

Patrick
02-17-2004, 09:47 AM
:thumbdwn: on the sig. The women may look nice and I like looking at them as much as anyone, but I do NOT want to look at them here.

LOL. Notice, that he said, "I do NOT want to look at them here", and this forum isn't all about Clyde ... Maybe Clyde forgot to use the s/w option to turn off sigs.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, congrats on the fantastic looking X5 and I have a question.

Is the rear roof spoiler (over the back window) something that comes stock, or did you order that extra with the car? It looks very nice!

A friend of mine with a 2002 X5 3.0d has asked me about my roof spoiler (E39) and wondered if there was such an animal for the X5. Until now, I had never seen one.

Happy motoring!

-

·clyde·
02-17-2004, 10:07 AM
LOL. Notice, that he said, "I do NOT want to look at them here", and this forum isn't all about Clyde ... Maybe Clyde forgot to use the s/w option to turn off sigs.

So, I (and everyone else that posted similar sentiments in those threads that I linked) am supposed to turn off all sigs because there's one bad apple? Yeah...that makes sense.

Patrick
02-17-2004, 10:14 AM
So, I (and everyone else that posted similar sentiments in those threads that I linked) am supposed to turn off all sigs because there's one bad apple? Yeah...that makes sense.

The quote in YOUR sig is offensive to me ... so what. I got over it.

How many people did NOT post anything in the threads that you linked because they don't give a poop?

Are we back in middle school? May I go to the head now?

Good god, make him drop the avatar while you are at.

-

·clyde·
02-17-2004, 10:40 AM

The quote in YOUR sig is offensive to me ... so what. I got over it.

How many people did NOT post anything in the threads that you linked because they don't give a poop?

Are we back in middle school? May I go to the head now?

Good god, make him drop the avatar while you are at.

-
Words and images are not the same.

My take on those threads is that of those that posted one way or the other do not care for soft core sigs (and, one would imagine, avatars...I won't comment on his because I don't recall what it is and I'm not going to remove him from my ignore list to find out while I'm at work). Of those that didn't post, they didn't post...I'm not going to try to read their minds and I will not assume that they constitute a silent majority.

ssabripo
02-18-2004, 06:05 AM
Hi SSabripo,
I knew you when we were in E46 Fanatics together and asked you about the X5 before you ordered it. I have my '04 X5 4.4 with sport package at port or in Spartan right now and should be shipped out next week to my dealership. I wanted to ask you again since you just went through hell with the auto level rear shocks, if you still think the X5 is worth it for the money? Thank god you were able to get a new one but it makes me kind of nervous to drop 64K on a new one and have to go through what you did.

There are a lot of cars out there I can get for 64K or cheaper so please tell me your honest opinion.

By the way I like your sigs always have, but not everyone is open minded.

Well, I will be very honest with you....the car itself is outstanding, and it rides like a champ. I had a 5 series loaner for a while, and although it was nice, it was nothing compared to the X5. For a SAV, it really has all of the "Bimmer" characteristics of sports handling, good power, driver's feel, etc. It also looks magnificent...I cannot tell you how many times my wife and I get looks when we park or pass them on the hwy.

However, I am still a little nervous about the car...the problem before left a bad taste in my mouth, and now I drive it like an old lady because I don't want the suspension crap to come on again. Also, I received the car with 9 miles, and it already needed an alignment...perhaps a fluke, but you never know.

ssabripo
02-18-2004, 06:14 AM

Hey nimrod, I didn't want to respond to your obviously ignorant and ********, but you are starting to make this personal.....First, if anyone is a bad apple here is YOU! continously putting replies that are antagonistic and completely derrogatory....need proof:
***your thread responses*** (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/search.php?searchid=427918)
Every other thread there is at least one negative comment you have to say, so PLEASE, get a life and stop being such Prick :flipoff:

ALso, the references to extremely old signatures that I had prove what? :rofl: Since I bought the X5, and made my own "angels" signature, nobody, in any forum (here at bimmerfest, at 46fanatics, germancarfans, roadlfy, etc) has had a bad thing to say...not one single person....except you of course!

My signature is NOTHING compared to your politically inclined avatars and sigs....when you change yours, and you stop being such an @sshole, then perhaps we can talk like civilized people

·clyde·
02-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Hey nimrod, I didn't want to respond to your obviously ignorant and prick ass, but you are starting to make this personal.....First, if anyone is a bad apple here is YOU! continously putting replies that are antagonistic and completely derrogatory....need proof:
***your thread responses***
Every other thread there is at least one negative comment you have to say, so PLEASE, get a life and stop being such Prick :flipoff:

ALso, the references to extremely old signatures that I had prove what? :rofl: Since I bought the X5, and made my own "angels" signature, nobody, in any forum (here at bimmerfest, at 46fanatics, germancarfans, roadlfy, etc) has had a bad thing to say...not one single person....except you of course!

My signature is NOTHING compared to your politically inclined avatars and sigs....when you change yours, and you stop being such an @sshole, then perhaps we can talk like civilized people

This is about the most vulgar and immature personal attack that I have seen on bimmerfest. I would like to point you to the site's Terms of Use (http://www.bimmerfest.com/tou.php) which specify that personal attacks are not allowed as well as non prime time TV type material (such as your sig). Expect a warning shortly.

Jetfire
02-18-2004, 08:45 AM
Dude, nice X5. :thumbup:

But you really, really need to change your sig/avatar pics. A lot of us read bimmerfest at work, and stuff like that tends to jump out at people who walk by the desk/cubicle/whatever. The policy talks about "prime time TV" for a reason. Yeah, people (especially Americans) have hangups about nudity and women and all that, but that's reality and it isn't likely to change. And if I can't read the forum without worrying about my boss asking me what I'm doing, then I can't be here during the day.

Plaz
02-18-2004, 08:48 AM
Hey nimrod, I didn't want to respond to your obviously ignorant and prick ass, but you are starting to make this personal.....First, if anyone is a bad apple here is YOU! continously putting replies that are antagonistic and completely derrogatory....need proof:
***your thread responses*** (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/search.php?searchid=427918)

Clyde's not being an @sshole pr1ck, you are. Being a moderator (a difficult position on this board), he was trying to diplomatically make you realize you're violating the TOS, and why.

Maybe if you took your head out of your ass you'd be able to wake up and smell the coffee.

·clyde·
02-18-2004, 08:49 AM
Maybe if you took your head out of your ass you'd be able to wake up and smell the coffee.

Watch the insults. :nono:

Emission
02-18-2004, 09:14 AM
I am sooooo close to deleting this thread. :thumbdwn:

I don't like the personal attacks - and I don't like "ssabripo's" sig either (this is a family site - with a "Safe for Work" rating).

Please watch it - nobody is impressed.

ssabripo
02-18-2004, 09:28 AM
I am sooooo close to deleting this thread. :thumbdwn:

I don't like the personal attacks - and I don't like "ssabripo's" sig either (this is a family site - with a "Safe for Work" rating).

Please watch it - nobody is impressed.

well guys, if my sig is really that offensive (again, this is the very first time someone has said anything about it), then one of the mods let me know, and I will change it.

As for the insults, I wasn't the one who started it....but oh well, I guess I am not welcomed here.

I was trying to share some pics of my car with you guys, but I guess my sig or whatever is much more relevant at this point than the car...

·clyde·
02-18-2004, 09:38 AM
well guys, if my sig is really that offensive (again, this is the very first time someone has said anything about it), then one of the mods let me know, and I will change it.

Two mods already have, Emission and me. I appreciate your understanding.

As for the insults, I wasn't the one who started it....but oh well, I guess I am not welcomed here.

I didn't throw any insults. I didn't call anyone names. I only asked you to please reconsider using that sig and you responded to that request by calling me a:
nimrod
ignorant
prick ass
prick
@sshole

And then you sugested that I change my behavior so that we could speak as civilized people?

ssabripo
02-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Two mods already have, Emission and me. I appreciate your understanding.

Ok Clyde.....this is my last point on this subject. Not going to get onto an e-debate with you.

1. Sig is changed....as per the mods request.

2. you are correct, I called you several names, which I shouldn't have, only after you posted the whole "Bad apple" comment. I do not believe I have done anything to merit a comment like that from you, and I took it personally.

3. Again, I stated that I wanted to share pics of my new X5 with fellow bmw enthusiasts, and AGAIN, you keep instigating things:

I didn't throw any insults. I didn't call anyone names. I only asked you to please reconsider using that sig and you responded to that request by calling me a:
nimrod
ignorant
prick ass
prick
@sshole

And then you sugested that I change my behavior so that we could speak as civilized people?

You know, I respect most members of this forum, and have had a good time browsing here for more than a coupel of years now....but it is stuff like this that makes many people turn away from BMW owners. I am sure in real life you are probably a fine individual, and it is just sad that some people have the need to show their cyber impetus in this manner.

oh well.....Happy motoring. :thumbup: I am not going to comment anything else on this subject.

all other comments regarding the X5 are welcome! (good or bad)

Mr. The Edge
02-18-2004, 11:33 AM
1. Sig is changed....as per the mods request.

okay, now how about the avatar

mquetel
02-18-2004, 11:48 AM
I've seen worse than that on prime time TV... :confused:

Robert Pollard
02-18-2004, 11:52 AM

Holy Hi-Yell.

ctnyc
02-18-2004, 12:27 PM
Please no, don't change the avatar. I am mesmerized by it. Time to relax folks. Give the guy a break. By the way, the 4.4 looks sharp. Mine is still "in production" and should be here in about two weeks.

Emission
02-18-2004, 12:48 PM
Please no, don't change the avatar. I am mesmerized by it. Time to relax folks. Give the guy a break. By the way, the 4.4 looks sharp. Mine is still "in production" and should be here in about two weeks.

I think the Avatar is OK - unless others get their underwear in a stink over it. If anyone is uptight, please PM me to keep comments off the thread.

X5 is the topic. :thumbup:

Technic
02-18-2004, 01:17 PM

I like that woman shaking her booty, bro... :yummy:

...oh, and the X5 is nice. :thumbup:

Chopper 918
02-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Nice X5, where did you get the wheels?

julz
03-04-2004, 03:45 PM
I am not offended by anyone's sig or even what they say. I think it is fodder for me as a message board voyeur. I love your sig with the walking woman. I think it is genius (from a programmers point of view) I am fascinated by it. I feel to each his own and until I am a perfectly perfect human being I have no right putting others down for what they are confident enough to show to the world.

Myself, I came on this site to talk about Bimmers!!!!

Back to it peeps! :eeps: