PDA

View Full Version : Question about Track my BMW on BMWUSA

sjones0812
03-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Hi,

My dealer has told me that my car is in production and gave me the last 7 of the VIN.

I went to BMWUSA.com and tried to track it and it says Unable to find requested vehicle.

Is this typical?

I was given a production number before and it was different and it could be found and was stuck on "on order"

I guess I am just anxious and want to see where the car is at :)

DSXMachina
03-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi sjones, waiting is always the hardest part, I waited 6 weeks myself. We have a special forum on Bimmerfest which might be of big help to you . It's the European Delivery subforum down below on the first page when you punch up the website. I know you're not doing ED, but these guys are tracking experts. There's a whole bunch of people in the same place you are and it's a great place to hang out while you wait for your car.

hpowders
03-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi,

My dealer has told me that my car is in production and gave me the last 7 of the VIN.

I went to BMWUSA.com and tried to track it and it says Unable to find requested vehicle.

Is this typical?

I was given a production number before and it was different and it could be found and was stuck on "on order"

I had the same problem when I custom ordered a 2005 545i. I kept logging on with no info on my car available-then finally a week to 10 days later, the car was in the system.

I also bothered the heck out of the sales guy.:)

Good luck! It's frustrating, but the car will be in your garage very soon! :thumbup:

AlexK
03-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Hi,

Is this typical?

Try using the phone instead (1-800-831-1117) for tracking, it is usually more up-to-date.

CliffJumper
03-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Try using the phone instead (1-800-831-1117) for tracking, it is usually more up-to-date.

+1 It's more up to date than the website, but it still takes a while for it to appear in the system. The website was definitely frustrating because it felt like it should be real-time, but it really wasn't.

sjones0812
03-22-2011, 07:08 AM
I called the 800 # and they confirmed that it was in production. They said to try the website in 24 hours.