PDA

View Full Version : HK System on X5

vdt04452
02-16-2004, 08:57 AM
hello everyone, Has anyone of you have premium sound system added on to your X5? How was the system? I went to other forums to see any info on the HK system and they said it sounds terrible and used low end product. Come on, I was kind skeptic about this info. I don't believe BMW luxury car used cheapy quality on the product. Thank you :dunno:

AndDown
02-16-2004, 06:37 PM
hello everyone, Has anyone of you have premium sound system added on to your X5? How was the system? I went to other forums to see any info on the HK system and they said it sounds terrible and used low end product. Come on, I was kind skeptic about this info. I don't believe BMW luxury car used cheapy quality on the product. Thank you :dunno:

I would go listen to the HK system at your dealer. When I was in the market for mine, I listened to both the standard and the premium versions, using a CD I brought, and I felt that there was not a tremendous difference between the two to warrant the extra $$$. Of course, this is my opinion, and you need to listen to both yourself - I think it all depends on what you are looking for.

SteveT
02-16-2004, 06:49 PM
The sound system on the X5 is not an HK designed system. I think they only refer to it as a Premium DSP system. It has 12 speakers instead of 10 and 2 subwoofers. I've got both the HK system in my M3 and the Premium 5-series system in the X5 I just took delivery of two weeks ago. The 5-series Premium system sounds a bit better than the HK primarily because the DSP allows you to setup an equalizer to create the sound you like. Do a comparison of the standard and premium systems for yourself. Your center should be able to arrange that for you.